Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Story about My Wife

  1. #1
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dix Hills, NY
    Posts
    669

    Story about My Wife

    Guys,

    Sorry that this is so off topic, but I am just too proud not to share this. Front page story in this week's Half Hollow Hills News about my wife JoAnn and her efforts to save womens' lives everywhere...I am so proud of her....

    http://www.longislandernews.com/pape...ews/news1.html

    It's the fares, stupid

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,581
    Kudos to your wife!
    Steve Furst

    View my work @

    Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Posts
    3,027
    God bless her!
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

  4. #4
    Moderator mirrodie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Posts
    5,746
    awesome!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens NY
    Posts
    1,360
    That is fantastic !
    Kaz T

    My Photos:

    JetPhotos
    KT Images NY

  6. #6
    Senior Member MarkLawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    1 Miles NNW of NOVAE - KFLL - Davie, FL
    Posts
    3,910
    That is just awesome!!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

    Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    http://amateuravphoto.blogspot.com

  7. #7
    Senior Member Zee71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    4,348
    God bless her!!!
    Mark
    Queens, NY

    My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

  8. #8
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dix Hills, NY
    Posts
    669
    Thanks all. It is truly amazing how quickly the movement has grown....thanks in no small part to Sen. Flanagan. We now have a draft of a federal bill being introduced by Congressman Israel, and NY and CA have passed it in Senate, we are just waiting for the respective Assemblies.

    You can learn more at www.areyoudense.org, including info on a fundraising concert at Quassy Amusement Park in CT Aug 27.

    Thanks for all the kind words and good wishes. On Wednesday she got a clean bill of health from the oncologist.
    Hope to see you guys very soon.
    It's the fares, stupid

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    KCLT
    Posts
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by Art at ISP View Post
    Thanks all. It is truly amazing how quickly the movement has grown....thanks in no small part to Sen. Flanagan. We now have a draft of a federal bill being introduced by Congressman Israel, and NY and CA have passed it in Senate, we are just waiting for the respective Assemblies.

    You can learn more at www.areyoudense.org, including info on a fundraising concert at Quassy Amusement Park in CT Aug 27.

    Thanks for all the kind words and good wishes. On Wednesday she got a clean bill of health from the oncologist.
    Hope to see you guys very soon.
    That's the best news yet Art. Joann is doing a wonderful job.
    Train as if your life depends on it. Because some day it may.
    Opinions expressed are my own & not those of my employer.

  10. #10
    Senior Member sporky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    DFW Area
    Posts
    307
    Truly amazing! This is an inspiring story of turning lemons into lemonade. Thanks for sharing!

    -Tad

  11. #11
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dix Hills, NY
    Posts
    669
    The original link is no longer good, but JoAnn and her advocacy partner will be on Sirius XM at noon on the doctor channel (81) to discuss their efforts to keep women alive...
    It's the fares, stupid

  12. #12
    Senior Member Gerard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Art at ISP View Post
    The original link is no longer good, but JoAnn and her advocacy partner will be on Sirius XM at noon on the doctor channel (81) to discuss their efforts to keep women alive...
    Great news. As a cancer survivor myself its always wonderful to hear good stuff like this.

  13. #13
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dix Hills, NY
    Posts
    669
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Great news. As a cancer survivor myself its always wonderful to hear good stuff like this.
    Thanks for your note Gerard, greatly appreciated. We send you best wishes for good health looking forward.
    It's the fares, stupid

  14. #14
    Senior Member Big Tim #70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    494
    Very Cool!
    EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!

  15. #15
    Senior Member Gerard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Art at ISP View Post
    Thanks for your note Gerard, greatly appreciated. We send you best wishes for good health looking forward.
    Thank you sir. Much appreciated.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •