Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kiwanis LaGuardia Kids Day - 9/17/2011

Quote Originally Posted by ANITIX87 View Post
    Any more information on this?

As it's called "Kids' Day", do they assume it will be all families? Will anyone object to me showing up with some friends and a whole slew of pro camera equipment?

TIS
    You can bring everyone you know and all their gear. It's one of the extremely rare occasions where the PAPD won't haul you off for standing a few feet from an A320 with a 500mm lens in hand. There will be tons of kids there, so it's most certainly a family-oriented outing, except it happens to cater to aviation enthusiasts. Chances are most photographers will be toting DSLRs with lens carrying cases in tow. There's always at least one guy with a gigantic lens there getting closeups. Last year LGA was using rwy 31 the whole time, which means we were pretty much in the ideal spot to get the takeoffs. Even though it takes me hours to get there, it's one of the most enjoyable days of the year for me. Last year I got a ride home on one of the GA aircraft.

I'm hoping someone from the NYCA group will bring along a radio so we can get advanced warning of interesting aircraft. Only two more days!
    Last edited by darlyn; 2011-09-14 at 06:19 PM.

Any updates yet on any possible military visitors??

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    Any updates yet on any possible military visitors??
    Still waiting on the KC-135 that was supposed to show up a couple of years ago when Kids Day was rained out.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I plan on being there! I hope Runway 4 or 22 is in use, like 22 was in 2006 when I was last there!

Im gonna attend the at Kids Day on Saturday.. Im bringing my girlfriend with me for this.. ill most likely have my radio with me. we plan to show up at LGA early in the morning, but not sure what runways will be used..
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Just to share a few updates on this years Kids Day which has the potential to be GREAT.

The Port plans to close Runway 4-22 as in most years so based on forecasted winds should be up & down Runway 13. They will probably be using the ILS 22, circle to land 13
    approach which would yield excellent sharp banking shots on short final, so some excellent photo ops.

Now for the aircraft visitors, drum-roll please

KC-10 from McGuire (hopes to do a low fly-by on arrival, maybe around 0830 or so)
    B-25
    Geico Skytyper Texans
    A few other General Aviation aircraft
    DL A-319
    US PSA A-319 N742PS
    AA is planning on bringing N870NN, a 3 WEEK old 738 with the new Boeing Sky Interior ! SWEET !

Also a first chance for some of you to see Trumps new 757 N757AF up fairly close (it's parked where his 727 always parked)

Sadly no military F-18's or similar this year but I think for some of us the KC-10 should more than make up for it.

Enjoy folks

LGA777
    Last edited by LGA777; 2011-09-16 at 11:43 AM.

I was told the B-25 was probably going to be subbed for the C-47
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Even my wife is excieted to come tomorrow, should be a great day for the kids too
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....

I can't wait! This'll be the first time I'll be at Kids' Day, so I'm excited! For those who will be there, I'll be the guy walking around with Canon equipment, blue jeans and a black DUCATI t-shirt. My girlfriend will be in a red dress. Please come say hi if you find me, I'm always looking to meet new NYC guys!

TIS
    Antonis Panayotatos
    Owner, Photographer
    www.stellaryear.com

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7DMkII: Canon 24-70L USM II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 85mm f/1.4ART, Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM

Quote Originally Posted by ANITIX87 View Post
    ...I'll be the guy walking around with Canon equipment, blue jeans and a black DUCATI t-shirt. My girlfriend will be in a red dress.
    I'm sure we'll spot one of you...

Heading out to LGA this morning, hopefully will bump into you all.....then JFK afterwards for the rest of day. It would be a treat if they brought in the United Friendship 737 retro scheme for the day. Oh well........wishful thinking.
    Last edited by Zee71; 2011-09-17 at 07:09 AM.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

4/22 is closed, so they'll probably continue using 31 for both all day.

LOTS OF PICS PLEASE! I may not be able to stop by. :(
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

As expected LGA now on 13 and using the very cool ILS 22 circle to land 13 approach. This is somewhat like the Exp Vis to 31 but often tighter. This will create some very unique photo ops from the Kids Day photags line, also all departures will "Line up & wait" on 13 right in front of the photo line. Hope to see some of you folks their !

It was fantastic to see everyone today. Thanks for the great time everyone!
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Had a great time there, my kids loved it, The AA 737 still had the new car smell. was great to watch the approach, there must have been some white knuckles on some of the flights watching them line up for final, I will try to post some pics later
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....