Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thunder Over The Boardwalk 2011

Hope to see some of you guys :) Mr Holzinger I know i will see you for sure :) Im Packing and going to AC, NJ tomorrow :)
    Living The Dream...

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fk6065 View Post
    Florida Avenue is show center
    Correct. Honestly anywhere in between from the tents and the trop are great photo taking spots.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_falcon_51 View Post
    Personally I would not camp out on the boardwalk, with all the people and kids walking and running around ect; I would not recommend it. Also 300mm probably wouldn't cut it from there since the aerobatic box is further out than jones beach. If I were you I would camp out in front of the Tropicana or somewhere close since that is show center (or close to it) and go on the beach, since the beach is small half way should be plenty, they even have beach chairs you can rent just in case you want to sit between acts.
    Florida Avenue is show center
    Fighting_falcon_51 and fk6065 thank you so much for the information. If they are as far out as the Saturday Super Hornet demo was at Jones Beach this past year, my camera will be of little use. Strangely enough, that may allow me to put the camera down for once and actually enjoy watching the air show using both eyes.

Great show today in A.C!

If you have yet to see the Heavy Metal Jet Team persform, do it! They were outstanding!

Weather was great!

We had a small, univited air craft invade the air space during the show.

The Canadian Parachute team was a little off, a few blocks in land, on their landing.

Great show, pictures tomorrow.
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by fk6065 View Post
    Great show today in A.C!

If you have yet to see the Heavy Metal Jet Team persform, do it! They were outstanding!
    Weather was great!
    We had a small, univited air craft invade the air space during the show.
    The Canadian Parachute team was a little off, a few blocks in land, on their landing.
    Great show, pictures tomorrow.
    What a great day weather wise and show wise. Such a diversity of aircraft.
    And who was the idiot who broke the TFR? Wow what a moron. I was grabbing a shot of the EMS BK117 then looked up to see
    this slow moving fixed wing RIGHT ABOVE THEM!! That could have been a disaster. Anyone listening in know if the copter pilot was warned
    they were there and anyone get an ID of the culprit?
    And YES the Heavy Metal Jet Team was FANTASTIC!! Quite impressive especially the low level flying by the soloists. I swear it looked at times they were
    going to hit a boat they were so low!
    Great two days in AC!!

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    The 172 that violated the TFR was N904DR, I didn't have the airboss on at the time but from what I heard the MedEVAC chopper was asked to get his tail number along with some of the state and government boats.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Great time with lots of aviation friends, as always was a pleasure and honor to hang out with all this guys. Can't wait for the next air show which will be Pax River for me in two weeks and then Oceana baby !

Pictures are not on the top level, lighting conditions at Atlantic City are terrible.... I hate this air show :) they always have some good stuff i the air but sun position makes this air show very difficult. nest year Im going on the boat or Im not going to Atlantic City at all.... I probably will go no matter what :))

Enjoy

Living The Dream...

Very nice, Chris!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparypa View Post
    nest year Im going on the boat or Im not going to Atlantic City at all....
    Don't expect to get many good shots from a boat...

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Very nice, Chris!

Don't expect to get many good shots from a boat...
    Chris, this show was great. You just have to find the angels for good shots.

Moose, I've seen some awesome shots from boats for this show. If I could get on a boat I would do it.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Don't take me wrong guys, I love Thunder Over The Boardwalk, I just hate the lighting condition, This air show has always something to offer, something special, like Osprev this year, Smoke Squadron last Year or three F-22 Fly by with max climbe in 2009. And believe me Eric I had a chance to see this airshow for the last hmm 5 years.... I was already shooting from beach, left, right, center and for the last 2 years Im shooting from the Pier and thats the best location except Boat on the other side of the Box....

I know its not easy to shoot from the boat, I have some experience with boats from the OC Air Shows but for the Atlantic City Boat is the only location with good light....

And for the record yes I will be attending 2012 Thunder Over the Boardwalk :)
    Last edited by chrisparypa; 2011-08-19 at 01:36 PM.
    Living The Dream...

Don't take me wrong guys, I love Thunder Over The Boardwalk, I just hate the lighting condition, This air show has always something to offer, something special, like Osprev this year, Smoke Squadron last Year or three F-22 Fly by with max climbe in 2009. And believe me Eric I had a chance to see this airshow for the last hmm 5 years.... I was already shooting from beach, left, right, center and for the last 2 years Im shooting from the Pier and thats the best location except Boat on the other side of the Box....

I know its not easy to shoot from the boat, I have some experience with boats from the OC Air Shows but for the Atlantic City Boat is the only location with good light....

And for the record yes I will be attending 2012 Thunder Over the Boardwalk :)
    I've been there the last 3. so the light is not optimal, but its not bad. And you couldn't pay me to shoot from the pier.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Quote Originally Posted by eric8669 View Post
    I've been there the last 3. so the light is not optimal, but its not bad. And you couldn't pay me to shoot from the pier.
    Which pier are we talking about? The pier at Ceasars?
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Eh. Like the shot, hate the light.

EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!

Quote Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
    Which pier are we talking about? The pier at Ceasars?
    the big one on the left side of the Box

I've been there the last 3. so the light is not optimal, but its not bad. And you couldn't pay me to shoot from the pier
    I don't know maybe we are talking about 2 different places.... Cuz in Atlantic City, NJ light is terrible, the worst.... After 3pm is getting better but after 3 the only act is: Thunderbirds and I don't like Thunderbirds, and don't need to see their demo for the 100th time .... Anyway what are we talking about ? Its simple, Earth is here Sun is there. All we can do is change our perspective which in my opinion best will be boat on the other side of Box :)
    Living The Dream...

I don't like Thunderbirds, and don't need to see their demo for the 100th time ....
    I can see their demo or the Angels for a 1000 times and would NEVER get bored.
    And i dont know what you are complaining about your shots look great. I swear some of you guys gotta chill out moaning about your pics!! Geez!!