Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: LGA - World’s Fair Marina July 5th 2011 - FBI / NYPD Joint Terrorism Task Force

Replied on Private Message - but anytime you are in FLL - please - you are welcome to join us at the end of 9L!!!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Thanks for your support B6Bus driver (great handle!).
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Quote Originally Posted by B6Busdriver View Post
    Where in the world do I start... Let me first say this guy is a complete as*hole. I've been reading the forum for a long time now, I follow you on twitter and I love this site. It's a great place for news and insight into all things aviation. I can't believe that someone from my company would come on here and say these things to all of you. As one of the FLL based guys that was mentioned previously here as waving and smiling to the camera as of late, I'm sorry to see one of our own be so thoughtless. Let me acknoledge that he is correct our airline as well as all others do tell there crews in our yearly safety briefs to report all individuals and groups taking photos on and around airport property. This however is left to the descretion of the pilots and in most cases we all know what you all do and only on rare occations have to inform anyone. I hope that the invotation to come out with some of you can be extended my way too because I've seen some amazing photos out there and I'd like to meet some of the people behind the lens. I never post on things like this but I created this account just to rebutt what this guy was saying, trust me you all have friends in the flightdeck. In fact if any of you FLL guys are going to be out this beautiful morning I'll be flying flight 310 to IAD. Nothing special with this airplane though, I think the name is True Blue and the tail is the mosaic skeem. Anyway spot on my friends!
    Terrific post! Excited for the A321?

Excited for the growth without a doubt the 321 will be nice but for the pilots its just heavier we probably will just do a computer study program for the transition. No sim.

B6, welcome aboard, nice to see brethren joining the ranks on the site. PM sent.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

I had a run in with an NYPD officer one time by the cargo hangers. It was about a year ago when I didnt know that area was off limits. The officer came up to the car took my dads drivers license and ran it in the system and said he was fine. But what he said after that really hurt my feelings a little. He asked why we were there from CT and my dad said he takes me here a lot and we come down and video tape planes. The officer then asked where we had been before that and we said a park under the approach (did not know the name was inwood). He was skeptical of this and then said "Well I suggest you go back to Connecticut cause its illegal to take pictures on airport grounds." We said ok and left all the way back to CT.
    Trevor Guglielmino
    ------------------------------
    My Photos
    Canon T2i/60D

LOL wow what a fun thread. Now you think this stuff is bad , try taking pictures of railroads! I work as an engineer for a RR and also take pics of trains. Yes we get the stupid Homeland Security memos to report anything and everything suspicious, but you can tell the railfans very easily. Point is we choose not to report it as it poses no danger to us. Also after a while you know who the regulars are anyways. Now if pilots on approach have the time to look around for people taking pics and not watching whats ahead of them then all I can say is it is not an airline I would want to fly. As for railfans there are lots of people who dont understand why someone would like to take pics of a dirty train. This post has brought up a lot of good points as to me I find it odd why people watch sports on TV or go hunting, but to each his own, most people have a hobby and enjoy it no matter how odd it may seem to others.

MGWSY, absolutely fantastic post sir.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Nice write up Mark! That's exactly the point......everyone has a hobby or a passion of some sort....you with trains (which I think is cool), and us with planes. Just like golf.....I find it odd that some one would spend the whole day (even in the wee hours of the morning to tee off), and then try to hit a small ball in a cup some hundreds of yards away or fishermen trying to catch something, or some times catching nothing at all. Go figure! Those pilots shoulds have their hands on the yoke and feet on the pedals, and eyes on the instruments and the runway, not spotiting out the cockpit window.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Sad to hear how us spotters get harrassed. I also have been chased-away while spotting as well as got "strange" looks from passing motorists many times. I agree that taking photos is harmless but we stay for hours at the same place and jot-down tail numbers. To the average Joe, that is suspicious. As a senior, I long for the olden days when I was able to hang-out all day with my scanner, taking videos and photos and nobody cared. For me, it all changed after Lockerbie, with PAA 103. when they fenced-off, then finally closed the PanAm rooftop. That was a sign of things to come. It's sad that we can no longer do photography in public places and that everybody is suspicious of others. I can't even use the restrooms any more more in Central Park or enter playgrounds. Nothing is fun anymore; even taking videos of colorful signs at Las Vegas, brings suspicion. We used to give our house keys to next-door neighbors in case of emergency, but no more.