Thread: 2011 All Chrysler Nationals at Carlisle, PA

2011 All Chrysler Nationals at Carlisle, PA

This weekend was the annual All Chrysler Nationals at Carlisle, PA. I've been going there for some 15 years now, it is one of the largest gatherings of Chrysler-related vehicles - I heard there were over 2,500 cars and trucks on display this year. There are some show cars and other invited vehicles, as well as a large swap meet, but the heart of the Carlisle show is the Fun Field, where anyone can enter anything, as long as it was built by Chrysler or an associated company (like AMC that was purchased by Chrysler, etc.) so you never really know what you might see.

1948 Chrysler Windsor

Lots and lots of new Challengers were on hand.

This 1984 Chrysler Laser was converted to rear wheel drive and had a Mopar V-8 stuffed under the hood.

Part of the Fun Field - there is a large area full of cars and trucks behind me on the hill.

Saturday evening they hold a burnout contest at the main grandstand. This was about the time his first tire blew...the second came shortly thereafter.

No gathering of Mopars would be complete without some examples of Chrysler's police cars - for years, they made the best police vehicles around, and have returned to form with the new Challenger police package.

Jensen Interceptor - this British built sports car came with two engine options - either a 383 or 440 cubic inch Chrysler V-8.

They don't make them like this anymore...probably a good thing - there isn't enough steel in the world to make them like this.

Rock crawling demo

Who knows what this is?

Yes, that was a factory color - who else but Chrysler would produce pink muscle cars?

What's kept me coming back to Carlisle all these years isn't so much the great cars, but the people - I'm on the Mopar Mailing List, and we have an annual gathering at Carlisle, featuring the MML BBQ, which is not to be missed!

Complete gallery here.

Great stuff, John !
    Kaz T

My Photos:

JetPhotos
    KT Images NY

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    sweet!!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

They don't make them like this anymore...probably a good thing - there isn't enough steel in the world to make them like this.
    they probably don't make enough condoms to keep procreation at bay even if they DID still make them like this...
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Awesome John! It needs more General Lee, Dasie Dukes, and cowbell tho!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".