Thread: TSA Agent Caught With Passenger's iPad in His Pants

TSA Agent Caught With Passenger's iPad in His Pants

What a productive employee...not only was he stealing...he was also selling the stolen goods during his shift, too!

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pu...rand_theft.php
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

What I find funny is the stupidity of the victims. First of all, I do NOT let my stuff go through the X-Ray until I can go through the magnet. Then when I exit, I check every little bit of my stuff... Lately I have been thinking of carrying a sports camera clipped on to my hat or similar to record the passage and the moment I unpack my laptop etc.

Also, my camera bag is locked so as to reduce the risk. Before I go through security, I take a picture of my opened camera bag with my cell phone showing all my gear as yet another form of proof of what was mine. Hopefully a judge can accept the date/time stamp on the pictures LOL.

And since the iPad is NOT a laptop, it can stay locked in the main compartment. Only my laptop gets naked, and I hate it but, what can you do.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

I was under the impression that it wasn't at the checkpoint - it was at the checked in baggage screening somewhere. Too lazy to read the whole thing :)

Still, I agree with the stupidity comment. Don't lose the sight of your expensive belongings. You wouldn't leave your iPad laying around and go to the bathroom for half an hour, would you?

I am also not sure if I would want to have that iPad back after it's been in his pants ;)
    Flying is not dangerous; crashing is dangerous.

"Is that an iPAD in your pants or do you have just a really flat ass?"
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

While I surmise that most TSA agents are honest; many that I see look like they just got released from prison and some are just nasty. What kind of security checks do these agents pass-through? Are they all US citizens? Ironically, many of these guys and gals are the ones who chase us plane-spotters away when they see us. Am I the only one who has a problem with this or am I just paranoid?

To touch on what Manny said, ever since flying to Rno and passing through the security checkpoint (after stepping outside on a layover) at PHX, I have bought a set of locks for my camera bag. When I got to the security checkpoint myself and all my stuff (camera bag, laptop, and laptop bag) went through the xray machine. When I passed through the scanner and got to the end of the conveyour my stuff was just coming throug hand the TSA agent grabbed my camera bag and said he had to pass it through again. I did not have locks on it at the time, and luckily for TSA nothing came up missing, but from that point on whenever I fly I have a set of locks to put on the bag.

dimamo1983 - And even if stuff is being stolen from the checked baggage screening area, people are onlyasking for stuff to come up missing (and I say this even before TSA came to be) if they don't put locks on their luggage. I have always and will always put a lock on any bag I check for a flight.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1 View Post
    While I surmise that most TSA agents are honest; many that I see look like they just got released from prison and some are just nasty. What kind of security checks do these agents pass-through? Are they all US citizens?
    From http://www.tsa.gov/join/careers/beco..._tsa_team.shtm

All TSA jobs require U.S. citizenship and successful completion of a full background investigation. In addition, persons interested in security officer positions must pass a medical examination, be able to read, speak, and write English, and pass a physical ability test, a drug and alcohol screening, and an aptitude test.

Quote Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
    dimamo1983 - And even if stuff is being stolen from the checked baggage screening area, people are onlyasking for stuff to come up missing (and I say this even before TSA came to be) if they don't put locks on their luggage. I have always and will always put a lock on any bag I check for a flight.
    I agree. Something else to remember is to make sure nothing is loose in the bag, especially change. A buddy of mine works ramp for Air Canada and he told me that the first thing people like that usually do is shake the bag to see if they can hear some coins banging, etc. No scanner required. Others have also advised to attach a 'CREW' tag to the bag, supposedly that makes it less likely for people to mess with and more likely to be found if lost. Although, I did some reading on that, and besides looking like a$$, it may not help you if you fly on an airline where ramp people and crews do not get along very well.
    Flying is not dangerous; crashing is dangerous.