Thread: KJFK - 7/7/11

KJFK - 7/7/11

No major spotting, because of the ugly light and the afternoon storm. After the storm passed I hit Charles Park for a few shots (I was hoping for the sun) of 31L departs, unfortunately the light was not that good. Here are only a few shots.

Cargo Lux

Turkish

American climbing out with Eva Cargo in the background which departed a few minutes earlier

China Airlines (+ the A train)

Delta

A Pink Delta which I post processed the heck out of
    Last edited by Zee71; 2011-07-08 at 06:49 PM.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Great shots despite the lousy weather! I'll have to head up to Charles next time I'm up in New York. Isn't that an EVA 747, not a Evergreen.
    Adam Sheinhaus

Adam..........you are right.......it's Eva (what the heck was I thinking). For 31L late afternoon departures (at least during the summer), Charles Park is nice, but I think most shots may be belly shots, but I like some of the head on shots as they start climbing out.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Those are great shots Mark. Your composition is awesome on the A Train one as well as the one with Eva in the background. Taken with the 300mm+1.4TC?

I haven't shot there since '99, when I was shooting film. Had a roll of Kodak 100 with a Japan Air 744 on it at almost the exact angle you have the Cargolux. Like an idiot, I brought it to a Walgreens to be developed. Of course the stoner working the developer screwed up feeding in the negatives, and it was destroyed. They gave me the half-baked negative back and I could see how perfectly framed and in focus the shot was. I was ready to kill the kid.

That roll, and the roll I shot at the end of 22L in '98 (where they will shoot you for parking there now)that was ruined by CVS, were the reasons I eventually traded my Nikon FM2 for my D40x.