Thread: "Miniature Wonderland"- IMAGE HEAVY

"Miniature Wonderland"- IMAGE HEAVY

Located in Hamburg, Miniature Wonderland bills itself as the world's largest model train layout. Its sets span several rooms and floors, and the level of detail is unbelievable. The most recent addition is the airport, which is truly a sight to behold, especially as "day" turns to "night". They had a nice variety of types and carriers, including the 787 which hasn't even been delivered to anyone yet.

To get these pictures, I had to get through a huge crowd of people. I felt like I was at a rock concert fighting to get to the front row. So, people can't understand why we photograph planes and call the police when we stand at Bay Harbour Mall, then they go to places like these and get in my way to watch the planes. It all makes sense now.

But, this ain't your grandpappy's static display. They have this neat magnetic shuttle system that pulls the aircraft around the airports and onto the runways. Once on the runway, thin steel poles come out and hook onto the planes and drag them down the runways for takeoffs and landings. They disappear and reappear through flaps in the walls. How freakin cool is that???

This pretty much trumps the airport I built on my train layout, with the runways made out of duct tape and little 1/500 "Dyna Flytes" with the stickers half coming off.

That is awesome! The detail is absolutely amazing.

Beats the hell out of my childhood airport as well. My runways were made with gloss black paint and the terminal was leftover floor tiles from the kitchen and my planes were 1:600 schabback diecasts.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Nice shots! That is quite the setup.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

...I love to tell those people at Panera that look at me in SHOCK while asking why I take pictures of planes: "Why do you take pictures of your kids?" when what I really want to say is: "why do you take pictures of your shrimp @#$%?"

lol

SORRY, if I get banned for this post, I will blame Kenny.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Make sure you go FULL SCREEN at 1080p... it is awesome...

Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS