Thread: Sad, Former jetBlue A320 scrapped

Sad, Former jetBlue A320 scrapped

N522JB "Blue Ribbon: delivered new in October 2001. Was picked up by Blue Wings who closed down.

http://www.planepictures.net/netshow.php?id=1056835

Gene

Sorry to see that. Fortunately, I have that one in my collection.

Just goes to show you Airbus doesn't have the staying power as Boeing, Douglas, or even Lockheed :)

Quote Originally Posted by Spunker View Post
    N522JB "Blue Ribbon: delivered new in October 2001. Was picked up by Blue Wings who closed down.
    Curious why it was scrapped. One picture says "Unserviceable engine". More cost effective to scrap the whole plane for parts? Couldnt they swap a new engine?
    Blue Wings picked up 5 of these planes in Oct 2006.
    Thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Curious why it was scrapped. One picture says "Unserviceable engine". More cost effective to scrap the whole plane for parts? Couldnt they swap a new engine?
    Blue Wings picked up 5 of these planes in Oct 2006.
    Thanks .
    I was probably coming due for a D check, that combined with a new engine would make it worth more in parts then to put it back in service.

That aircraft was one of the only ones we didn't buy back from that company so I'm assuming there was some serious issues with it. I know the other ones we took back were pretty bad off. We can still tell when we get one on the line now, the flight decks are a mess, very dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76 View Post
    Just goes to show you Airbus doesn't have the staying power as Boeing, Douglas, or even Lockheed :)
    The plane was scrapped because the airline couldn't handle it. The same thing would have happened to a Boeing as well.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    The plane was scrapped because the airline couldn't handle it. The same thing would have happened to a Boeing as well.
    The airline couldn't handle it? That makes no sense at all Phil? What on earth do you even mean by "handle it? I can't help it if they use cheap composites.... :)

The airline that owned it fail, and they liquidated everything. They prob took bad care of it and couldn't resell it. There's actually high demand for the A320. It really has nothing to do with it being Airbus. Even though I'm actually pro-Boeing.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    The airline that owned it fail, and they liquidated everything. They prob took bad care of it and couldn't resell it. There's actually high demand for the A320. It really has nothing to do with it being Airbus. Even though I'm actually pro-Boeing.
    Isn't that exactly what I said in my other post ;) But I stand behind my cheap composite statement ;) xoxo