Thread: Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum Airshow

Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum Airshow

After a little delay for editing purposes, here are a few shots from the recent Airshow at Hamilton, Ontario on June 17th. I would welcome any pointers and feedback, as this was by far the most challenging event to photo I have ever attended. The sun was very high (UV index of 11.. I am still peeling..); but in and out clouds dramatically changed the lighting conditions.

As for the event itself I strongly encourage everyone to attend next year-- This years show was a practice run for the 40th Anniversary of the Museum next year and a massive show that they are planning. All in all, the show was well organized and managed and not overly crowded. Its only an hour or so across the border from Niagara Falls/Lewiston.

Oh and there is a bonus-- its in the midst of the pretty active Hamilton Airport-- home of more DC10s and 727s than I could believe! It was "Three-Holer-Glory" for real. I will try to post some more shots later this week, but for now, here we are...

1. The highlight- An Avro Lancaster Bomber

2. The British Version of a PBY- The Consul

3. Another favorite from the show, the FireFly-- this was a great aircraft to watch fly

4. Americans were very well represented, this was the first Skyraider I had ever seen in flight

5. who need the Thunderbirds-- this was the Harvard Demo team and they were quite impressive. I had no idea these arcraft could do what they did.. much less a whole flight of them!

6. More Harvards

7. More Harvards..

8. The whole group that day-- 9 ships. Normally they have 10.

9. (2) B17s made the show, this was the G model.. "Chuckie"

10. The British version of the P51

11. The Lysander.. a really interesting old trainer/observation aircraft from Canada.

12. The really old stuff..

13. A beautiful C47..

14. The firefly up close.

15. another shot of the Lancaster.. it deserves two!

FDNY#13
    Be The Change You Want to See in the World
    http://www.flicker.com/cbcarver5

And, as promised, here are some newer aircraft that were not part of the airshow.. officially anyway..

FDNY#13
    Be The Change You Want to See in the World
    http://www.flicker.com/cbcarver5