Thread: Where exactly is this spot and what's it like there today? (LGA spotting)

Where exactly is this spot and what's it like there today? (LGA spotting)

this is taken from airliners.net and it is very old from 2002. if its still the same it would be a great place to view the visual approaches for runway 31 and departures from runway 13. where exactly is this? has anyone been there before? i read the whole thread the rest of the thread was just about guys planning to meet up and stuff, no directions.

In the town of College Point, Queens, across Flushing Bay form College Point, myself and a fellow a.net'er decided to take advantage of the low tide and the planes landing on Runway 31 and walk the rocky shore looking for choice spots to catch the landing aircraft.

After getting very muddy, and my budy losing a sneaker in the goop....we came upon a short little dock that looked fairly new.

This area seemed like it had hardly been touched, if at all, in months. It belongs to a construction company.....but is still secluded and out of view form the rest of their property.

This 'dock' seemed fairly new, and is about 12' x 12'.

The planes come in about 50-70 feet overhead, and is ideal. Perfectly lined up with the runway, I think it's outstanding for takeoffs and landings, although take offs at LGA require the planes climb faster, so a zoom lens might be necessary then, but no zoom is needed for landings.
    Last edited by atenzany62; 2011-06-30 at 11:40 PM.

a link to the picture would help.

That is easy, found it in 1 minute..... follow runway 31 to the shore in google maps and you will find it...and if you go, please let me know what branch of the government detains you and for how long ;) . I am not saying do not go, I am just asking for a follow up ;)
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    That is easy, found it in 1 minute..... follow runway 31 to the shore in google maps and you will find it...and if you go, please let me know what branch of the government detains you and for how long ;) . I am not saying do not go, I am just asking for a follow up ;)
    Yeah, it took all of 30 seconds to find on Google Maps last night. Didn't want to post it because it definitely looks like private property and would not be a good place to be caught.
    Last edited by Cary; 2011-07-01 at 12:40 PM.
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram