Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: As feared..We've reached bulldashery levels with the TSA!

As feared..We've reached bulldashery levels with the TSA!

As I feared the TSA has reached bulldashery levels that can only be described in the immortal words of Nick V as "EPIC" LEVELS!!!! Well this is what happens when you employ front line workers that couldn't get jobs at a decent company and when you have leadership with questionable pasts that probably would fail a background check... Sadly though we are stuck with them...

http://overheadbin.msnbc.msn.com/_ne...r-for-pat-down

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    That is pretty much epic fail. My God.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

What if the "pad" was full of explosives? huh? Smart guys? huh?

LOL... I guarantee you, once that Grandma gets through security, the next terrorist from wherever terrorists come from will be dressed like a 95 year old woman.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    What if the "pad" was full of explosives? huh? Smart guys? huh?

LOL... I guarantee you, once that Grandma gets through security, the next terrorist from wherever terrorists come from will be dressed like a 95 year old woman.

The procedure is fundamentally flawed and demeaning to the public. This goes beyond reasonable search procedures Manny as the "standard procedure" the TSA is standing behind. You have a 95 year old woman, wheelchair bound, who's on her last days, some respect and humility is deserved. We are a civil society but we've let this organization run wild coming up with procedures that utterly demean the very citizens its tasked to protect...yet time and time again they've failed test upon test. If this was a privately held company they would be out of business and rightly so.

I've had to fly out of VPS recently, and I'm pretty sure it was the same morons who held on to my laptop for an hour before giving it back to me, citing "suspicious substances" on the keyboard.

The TSA today released a statement that absolved its staff of any wrongdoing:

"While every person and item must be screened before entering the secure
    boarding area, TSA works with passengers to resolve security alarms in a
    respectful and sensitive manner. We have reviewed the circumstances involving
    this screening and determined that our officers acted professionally, according
    to proper procedure and did not require this passenger to remove an adult
    diaper," TSA spokesman James Fotenos said.
    It is unfortunate the daughter didn't pack extra depends and was willing to let her mother sit in her own waste for the entire trip.

If there was a suspect item in the depends do you honestly think the daughter would have been allowed bring the mother to the bathroom? There has been incidents overseas where children and elderly are used to smuggle explosives.
    Last edited by emshighway; 2011-06-27 at 08:07 PM.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

To me, in being honest, does it sound that this woman was very embarrassed, understandably, for having to go through that? Yeah, I don't think anyone would debate that. But does anyone actually stop to consider what emshighway says, that people want security but aren't willing to go through annoying stuff like that? Yeah, people smuggle all kinds of stuff around on those that you wouldn't suspect. That's the whole effin point. It's not just terror, either.

It's like "I want the TSA to do their jobs thoroughly but you're expected to be psychic in knowing who is good and bad."

Blame the environment that we live in. I don't blame the TSA.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy 28 View Post
    I've had to fly out of VPS recently, and I'm pretty sure it was the same morons who held on to my laptop for an hour before giving it back to me, citing "suspicious substances" on the keyboard.
    Ok, since no one else has:

You might want to lay off certain websites for a while ;) j/k

Demeaning yes. It's demeaning until she granny McVeigh does plant a bomb up her arse.

Better tech is warranted to get past it.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Mirrodie hit the nail on the head. This is the nature of the world these days. If you don't like, don't fly. Sucks but that's the reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    To me, in being honest, does it sound that this woman was very embarrassed, understandably, for having to go through that? Yeah, I don't think anyone would debate that. But does anyone actually stop to consider what emshighway says, that people want security but aren't willing to go through annoying stuff like that? Yeah, people smuggle all kinds of stuff around on those that you wouldn't suspect. That's the whole effin point. It's not just terror, either.

It's like "I want the TSA to do their jobs thoroughly but you're expected to be psychic in knowing who is good and bad."

Blame the environment that we live in. I don't blame the TSA.
    That's ashame Phil that you don't hold a gov't organization accountable for treating travelers with respect, hiring competent people with clean backgrounds..... This organization has very well documented failures time and time again. Simply because its "proper procedure" doesn't mean its the right procedure... Thinking like that is why business's fail...oh wait the TSA is immune to logical thinking.

You're talking about several issues at once. With regard to this woman...what were they SUPPOSED to do? I'd love to hear suggestions.

Side note: We should keep this all to one thread instead of starting several new ones each week.

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie View Post

Demeaning yes. It's demeaning until she granny McVeigh does plant a bomb up her arse.

Better tech is warranted to get past it.
    Ah yes like those puffers that worked so well and the new Xray devices that the TSA proclaims are safe....

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    Side note: We should keep this all to one thread instead of starting several new ones each week.
    Well I can't help it that the TSA screws up on a weekly basis? Blame the TSA for that ;) Oh wait....

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie View Post

D'oh, you got me there.