Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rhode Island Air Show June 24-26

Quote Originally Posted by billv View Post
    Manny, that's excellent. Super detailed for sure. I need to do some hi-res panos myself. What program do you use?
    Thanks Bill... I did this one handheld and so PTGui PRO for me does a better job than Photoshop 5.0 ... although I hear CS5.5 (Photoshop 5.1) does a superb job of aligning... But ultimately I am so used to the workflow of PTGui I know nothing better :-)

They brought into Photoshop to plug some holes where I did not have image data (love that content aware fill!!!) and output directly to Zoomify which is free with Photoshop...

Cheers!
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

A few more

http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by fk6065 View Post

This shot is soo bad a$$!!!! Notice how the Helicopters are moving out of the way of the awesomeness of the Sherpa? The could not handle the Awesomeness of the Epic wake of the Sherpa! OUTSTANDING!

Manny, I am I stunned and speachlees that you got the HONOR of flying in the Greatest aircraft to ever grace the sky's... It took me a week to gather my thoughts to reply to this as every time I would try to reply I would start to cry in the awe of the incredible opportunity. The only thing more incredible than your shoot was if it had a Sherpa behind it for an air to air with another Sherpa. I just threw away my 7d as I understand that I will never have an opportunity like this. I am honored to have met you SIR
    Last edited by Derf; 2011-07-01 at 04:59 PM.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Caution, wake turbulance from the SHERPA!
    EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!

I realize I haven't uploaded any Jones Beach shots yet, but you know what, Jones Beach didn't have the Sherpa...

While everyone was stuck gawking at this beauty taxiing past, I was able to tear my lens away just long enough to catch the world premiere flyby of the polished aluminum F22! I can't believe noone else caught it! Flew by quick, sorry for the blur/lack of sharpness...

Shoot first, ask questions later.
    dfalk.smugmug.com

Dan, While the F-22 was so fast that I did not see it, the only reason why he went so fast past was he did not want to take up the Sherpa's airshow time! I was actually glad they grounded the F-22.... Too bad it was not the Thunderbirds year to be there, The probably would have rather flown down to Mexico to make way for the Sherpa, and we probably would have had a second high speed Sherpa pass!!!

P.S. I hear the real reason the Thunderbirds went to Turkey was because the Blue Angels played a prank on them and told them that the Sherpa would be there for the Jones Beach Airshow!
    Last edited by Derf; 2011-07-01 at 10:34 PM.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Thanks Bill... I did this one handheld and so PTGui PRO for me does a better job than Photoshop 5.0 ... although I hear CS5.5 (Photoshop 5.1) does a superb job of aligning... But ultimately I am so used to the workflow of PTGui I know nothing better :-)

They brought into Photoshop to plug some holes where I did not have image data (love that content aware fill!!!) and output directly to Zoomify which is free with Photoshop...

Cheers!
    Thanks Manny for the info!

You guys TOTALLY missed the new research platform SHERPA with the skid jet insert. They simply load it into the cargo bay and BOOM, instant power boost.

(while not nearly as capable as Fred at this... )
    Manny Gonzalez

There is definitely something wrong with you guys...

You guys TOTALLY missed the new research platform SHERPA with the skid jet insert. They simply load it into the cargo bay and BOOM, instant power boost.

LOVE THE SHERPA JATO!!!
    EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!

Yes...I only go to airshows just to see the Sherpa

I missed the Sherpa JATO... I had a bad CF card

Got around to edit a few more from Sunday...

..and finally, we could not put images up without our homage to the Sherpa!

Manny, you did not mention how THIRSTY that engine is...they unloaded the fuel truck in this photo for that one burner pass!!!! To Say it was EPIC was an understatement. Here I was looking at the goods!

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    There is definitely something wrong with you guys...
    Moose, I assure you not much further out than you... and only on weekends. During the week, I am fairly normal (he said timidly)
    Manny Gonzalez

Nice Shots Everyone! Hey Manny... Nice chatting with you at the airshow and at dinner... Didn't know you were up in the Sherpa!