Thread: New Members and Spammers

New Members and Spammers

All,

With our growing traffic, the amount of new members that are joining our site are also growing. With the batches of new friends, some spammers manage to sneak in.

When this happens, it always helps to shoot a quick email (phil[at]nycaviation.com) to let us know when it happens sooner than maybe leaving a violating post lingering. Several of you have already taken this initiative and it's GREATLY appreciated in squashing an inevitable problem early.

Also, lets remember to welcome our new friends to our community and show them the very kindness and enthusiasm that has made us grow and grow over the years.

Thanks, guys (and gals!).

-Phil
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

So me screaming Troll is not the right reaction? I really did not want to bother you with it as eventually you would see it.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Haha, yes, a heads up is best, as it may save a few hours before I would otherwise come to the site. For spammers, I often drop everything and jump on to take care of it.

I just wanted to reiterate this point and thank everyone that has notified us for the oddball spammer that we have been getting.

I'd also like to add that these are not bots that are spamming, but mostly normal people who then manage to get around the automated security emplacements that we have.

Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    I'd also like to add that these are not bots that are spamming, but mostly normal people who then manage to get around the automated security emplacements that we have.
    Spammers arent normal people. Just my opinion of course.

I agree...spammers are nowhere near normal...and some are even criminal... (most?)
    It's the fares, stupid