Thread: Why jetBlue is a better airline then US Airways

Why jetBlue is a better airline then US Airways

Aside from the obvious like nicer people, clean planes, on board service, the story in the link below is a great example of a company who infact wants to do the right thing by its customers. US Airways...you are the worst airline flying today.

http://consumerist.com/2011/06/jetbl...it-anyway.html

Ive never flown with USAirways so i cant comment about them, although as for Jetblue, I finaly got a chance to fly with them to JFK-TJSJ TJSJ-JFK this past week, yes their crew are very friendly and the onboard service was very pleasnt...
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

I gotta say that although it is in no way the best airline out there that USAirways is not the worst. Yes, I have had a few flights running late, but never any real issues with them. I have definitely never had a problem with their customer service and in fact when we had mechanical problems while trying to depart from Phoenix customer service jumped into action before we even left the gate to ensure that everybody made their connecting flights or were accomodated with a hotel (for free) if they could not get on another flight. When I arrived in PHL I was greeted at the end of the gate with a back-up boarding pass for anothe rflight in case I did not make my original connection. That definitely did make an impression on me as I would have totally expected to have to handle that myself with the gate agent when I got to the connection.

I am not in anyway comparing them to JetBlue, as I have never flown JetBlue, but would gladly try them out if their fares are low enough if I ever fly to/from an airport that they serve.

I will not say that any airline out there is the worst as every airline has their own quirks, and everybody cannot be pleased the same as the next person. While airlines like Southwest disguise their downsides with stuff like free checked bags, they make up for it with lack of food service on cross country flights and tight connection times. I have been on many SW flights where we have had to sit on the ramp for 20 mins or so while another plane was using our gate, which in one instance almost caused me to miss a connecting flight. I'm not bagging on SW, as I have already said that every airline has its differences and can't please everybody.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

I love jetBlue as they have more leg room for us giants (6'4) no matter where I sit, along with the above mentioned clean planes, nice folks and good service. Can't think of anyone better, at least not coach wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Spunker View Post
    I love jetBlue as they have more leg room for us giants (6'4) no matter where I sit, along with the above mentioned clean planes, nice folks and good service. Can't think of anyone better, at least not coach wise.
    If I fly domestically its pretty much Jetblue all the time. And another great thing is the new T5 at JFK. Check in is a breeze and their are multiple TSA Screening machines and people watching the lines so if one gets too crowded or slow they will start moving passengers to other lines that have less people. Just so well organized.
    PS - flying out Sat morning I hope they live up to my glowing post.

US is a joke--it's really quite a pain flying them. My dad flies US because it's his company's preferred airline, plus we live in Charlotte, so like 85% of the flights are US/US Express. He also gets free luggage because he's Silver Preferred. I've flown them, Delta, and jetBlue domestically, and I'd say jetBlue is the best by far, followed by Delta and then US. The 4 times I've been on jetBlue, 3 of the cabin crews have been genuinely nice people, plus you get free food, TV (huge plus), and XM. Delta gives you Biscoff cookies, and US gives you some cruddy pretzels. I've noticed that basically every US flight I've been on or my dad has been on has been delayed. Why? I don't know. Their seats are cramped, service is very average, no WiFi on most of the fleet, and very overpriced. I'm headed up to New York (JFK) next Sunday on US, so I'll make sure to let you guys know how it is.
    Adam Sheinhaus

I'll agree with this article 100%... I'm just waiting for US Airways and family to be parted out like the rotted out Pontiac on a North Carolina lawn that they are.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"