AA370 MD80 from ORD: PIT
    AA378 MD80 from ORD: PHL
    AA736 MD80 from DFW: RIC
    F91459 E170 from MKE: PIT
    UA475 757 from DEN: BWI
    UA682 A319 from ORD: PIT
    US3510 ERJ145 from GSO: RIC
    US3774 CRJ from LEX: BWI
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Pretty wild storms. Coming home from LIRR/Hicksville at 5:50 sky gradually getting darker and on the AM radio you can hear the lightning crackling. Got REAL dark at one point then the sky opened up. There was one BRIGHT flash of lightning followed by a BOOM of thunder and the lights flicked. I was in the kitchen with my daughter. I jumped, she screamed and my wife and her friend watching TV office screamed also. Friggin hilarious. Not for our neighbors across the street who lost power. That was a strike down the block on a transformer and it was burning pretty good. We are on a different grid thankfully.
    Yankees in delay as is the Black Eyed Peas concert in Central Park.

Just had a major Thunderstorm at San Juan where im at, saw alot of go arounds right by where im staying at..
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Yankees in delay as is the Black Eyed Peas concert in Central Park.
    THey cancelled the BEP, Yankees should start after 9.

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Got --destroyed-- in a heavy squall around 6:45 while I was waiting in a line outside in Greenwich Village for a City Harvest fundraiser. The bag I was carrying is still a little damp.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Friggin hilarious. Not for our neighbors across the street who lost power. That was a strike down the block on a transformer and it was burning pretty good. We are on a different grid thankfully.
    Damn wrote too soon last night. At 9:30 CLICK out go the lights. Back on 12:10, waking me up like a surprise party fixed my alarm clock turned off everything then OUT they go again!!!! Back on about 15 later for good.

Oh yeah, aviation related, Cablevision copter 401CV must have been grounded on their Bethpage pad due to the storm as I heard them lift off around 8:30 and "go direct to Farmingdale" as there was a break in the weather.
    I believe there is a curfew for that pad so I wonder if any complaints were recorded?

That storm was intense... Me and my girlfriend were on the beach as the front blew through and got severely sand blasted in the wind trying to run back inside as it approached... It was like out of a movie. One second, the ocean was calm and the sky was blue and than suddenly it got black and the wind picked up tremendously. Quite a fun storm.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"