Thread: Inside the B-17G "Yankee Lady"

Inside the B-17G "Yankee Lady"

I took a ride on Yankee Lady at the WWII Weekend airshow in Reading this past weekend. What a blast. These pictures do not do it justice. I shot some 1080p of the trip as well, but I still don't know how to convert it from the native .mts without a huge loss in quality.

Being on a plane like the one my father flew over Germany certainly made me appreciate what he did even more. We only went to 2 grand; I can't imagine the environment at 20,000 feet. All shots taken with the Nikkor 12-24f/4G.

Downwind for 31

My girlfriend actually caught our landing:

Program Coordinator
    nice!
    A ride you'll never forget

William awesome story and pictures! I am certainly jealous :-)

Anyway, give "Super" a try... it is a free swiss army knife video/audio converter... basically a front end GUI to open source tools. It may fit the bill. Otherwise, I am open to doing it for you if you wish. I have Premiere Pro CS5 and various other video tools... just upload it to Megaupload or similar...
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

I forgot to add details. .MTS files are nothign more than AVCHD files... MTS is actually a transport stream, similar to Blu-Ray but optimized for Internet streaming.. blah blah blah. Inside it likely contains either VC-1 or H.264/MPEG-4 PART 10 ... standard stuff :-)

Is it from a Sony product?
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Those were some awesome photos William. That had to be the ride of a lifetime for you! I can only imagine what that must have been like. After seeing that I may have to consider ponying up the dough for one of those flights next time I see one at an airshow.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Wow! Just wow! What an experience and what an amazing set!
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    I forgot to add details. .MTS files are nothign more than AVCHD files... MTS is actually a transport stream, similar to Blu-Ray but optimized for Internet streaming.. blah blah blah. Inside it likely contains either VC-1 or H.264/MPEG-4 PART 10 ... standard stuff :-)

Is it from a Sony product?
    It's actually a JVC GZ-X900. If it's optimized for Internet streaming then I sure wish I could edit some of the footage and post it up without it turning back into what looks like standard def. The software it comes with isn't very helpful- it basically has a "convert" button but no settings. So footage looks great when viewed in the native format but blah when converted to mp4.

I may hit you up offline for some assistance if this last piece of software I have isn't helpful. Thanks for the offer!

And thanks for the comments guys