Delta Flight 6497
    Operated by Comair
    LGA-BNA
    Bombardier CRJ-700
    Scheduled departure: 9:00pm EDT
    Actual wheels up: 9:51pm EDT
    Scheduled arrival: 10:45pm CDT
    Actual touch down: 10:32pm CDT

Boarded the plane through Gate 3. Immediately smelled lav juice as I approached the plane from the jetway. As I made my way back to 15C it got stronger and stronger, with some added urine and fecal odor as well. Windows were covered with yellow grime as if they hadn't been cleaned since smoking was banned 20-someodd years ago (Yes, I know the plane isn't that old). Easily the grossest plane I've ever been on.

Pushed back just about on time, but the queue for Runway 4 was backed up to the east end of the Central Terminal. Too dark + windows too dirty to see Trump's 75 or much else for that matter. Yawn.

Gunned the throttles about 50 minutes after scheduled departure, climbed over the Bronx, hooked a left over the Hudson and flew south.

While we were climbing to cruise (38,000 ft), the Captain welcomed us aboard and told us that he expected a smooth flight. He also reminded us to turn off our cell and wifi devices as they were hearing clicking in their radio headsets. I'd never heard that before. (Turned out I had forgotten to put my iPhone in Airplane Mode. Sorry!)

Ate some Biscoff cookies and drank a cup of Sprite. Read Aerotropolis on iBooks. (Great book, review coming soon.)

Flight was smooth but poop smell got worse. Landed on time. Was happy to get off that plane. Didn't check any bags, so I sailed out of BNA easily.

Delta Flight 6455
    Operated by Comair
    BNA-LGA
    Bombardier CRJ-700 (N658CA)
    Scheduled departure: 7:45am CDT
    Actual wheels up: 8:02am CDT
    Scheduled arrival: 10:59am EDT
    Actual touch down: 10:35am EDT

No traffic early Sunday morning, we got to the airport before 7 with enough time to clear security and eat a solid breakfast at a place called Noshville, a self-proclaimed New York-style deli. Ordered an avocado and cheese omelette, which is obviously not a dish you would ever find in a Kosher deli (nor would you find bacon or many other menu items), but whatever, it was pretty good. The menu also claims their bagels come from H&H: they definitely don't, though they are pretty good for outside of NYC. Also included a big bowl of oatmeal, which was okay.

Boarding began a few minutes late, but went pretty quick. After some musical chairs managed to get a seat next to my ladyfriend. We both wanted to nap after the early wakeup call: she managed to sleep for over an hour, but I couldn't get comfortable and only got about 20 mins of shuteye. The air below went from smoggy to cloudy the whole way northeast, so there wasn't much to see, though I did get a good look at the Appalachians, which I haven't seen much of.

Darted out over the Atlantic just north of Sandy Hook, NJ and hooked left for the ILS Runway 4 approach to LGA. Straight in, pretty smooth landing, though there was a very loud bang a couple seconds after touchdown which seemed unnerving (see the video below).

Notes: Paid $237 r/t incl taxes and fees about 36 hours before departure thanks to the Priceline Negotiator. Lowest nonstop I could find at the time was over $650 r/t.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

That sound seemed to be associated with the nose gear. I don't know enough about that type, but engaged brakes or a messed up tire perhaps?

Good report. :)
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Here are some photos I didn't get a chance to post originally.

Waiting for departure at LGA, saw this Delta Connection/Shuttle America Ejet with a US Airways radome...

There are only a few Comair jets remaining in the old Delta livery. This one flew me home (N658CA):

American Airlines MD-82 (N7525A) pushing back for departure:

Former TWA MD-83 at the gate at BNA:
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Good report Matt. BNA is easily one of my favorite airports to fly into. I have never had an issue there other than the lack of electrical outlets to plug my laptop into. Security is alway a breeze to get through (think longest its ever taken me is 7 minutes), which is good as it allows me a little extra time to sit at the observation park before heading over to the airport to get in some spotting.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Quote Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
    Good report Matt. BNA is easily one of my favorite airports to fly into. I have never had an issue there other than the lack of electrical outlets to plug my laptop into. Security is alway a breeze to get through (think longest its ever taken me is 7 minutes), which is good as it allows me a little extra time to sit at the observation park before heading over to the airport to get in some spotting.
    Didn't know they had an observation park...where is it?

The observation park is across the airfield over by the cargo area. In your pic of the AA MD82, its actually up on the hill in the background, next to the row of buildings. Here is a google map of the location:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...9a7923aca4b21e

Its best used in the afternoon, otherwise everything will be back lit. If you look in my last post from BNA, most of the shots were taken from this location. When they are on the 20s, most of the arrivals will come in on 20R and 20C which will be right in front of you.

Best way to get to it is to get off of I-40 and take Briley Parkway south. Take a left onto Vultee Blvd (Shell gas station will be on your right at the intersection) and follow to the end. The observation park is at the end of Vultee Blvd.
    Last edited by steve1840; 2011-06-10 at 07:23 AM.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net