Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2011 Events at the AAM this year? July 4th and/or Labor Day?

Thanks to the AAMs timely Facebook posts I had a nice heads-up for the ceremonies honoring the Tuskegee Airmen. Positioning myself off of the numbers of Runway 1-9 and by the
    fence looking directly over to the AAM I got a great look at the ceremony and the awesome Flyby. After the speech and songs the B-25 along with the Mustang and Thunderbolt cranked
    up and headed out to the Captree area on a very sunny and warm day to meet up then come back for the Flybys. They flew north east of the airport then circled back to the inner
    shoreline setting up their Flyby along Runway 1. They did this one more time then they broke off and each aircraft flew an individual flyby over One Nine before returning to land.
    As usual it was quite excellent.
    Love the visuals over by the hill/fence by the One Nine numbers for Flybys. You get great looks of the planes coming in as they set up for their FlyBy. Yesterday as the Mustang came
    ROARING in it was very cool watching as he banked for his approach and dropped altitude and gained speed!!! Got chills from that!!

A few shots from Sunday's activities:

Dan Dameo makes a low pass in the P-40.

Chris Baranaskas even lower in Glamorous Gal.

B-25, P-40, and P-51 formation pass in tribute to the Tuskegee Airmen - all three types were flown by the group.

Happiness is a clean windscreen.

[QUOTE=moose135;451783]A few shots from Sunday's activities:Chris Baranaskas even lower in Glamorous Gal.
    QUOTE]

He sure loves to fly low doesnt he??
    WOWW!!!! Loved it!!!

Wasnt banking on much today but was pleasantly surprised. The weather held up and I had a window of only a few hours to hang out in my usual spot and it paid off. I was doing my best "Knothole Gang" impression and saw the Corsair getting ready to going flying. So I moved down to the fence area across from Dave & Busters and happily saw the Mustang also prepping up. Had my scanner w/headphones on and before the Corsair went airborne he gave Tower a full rundown of their intended flight. It was going to be a good one. The Corsair flew 2 nice low flybys along One Nine then headed out to the Inner shoreline where he met up with the Mustang. As a Flight of 2 they came in fast and low along Runway One, then came back quickly on Three Two with a left turnout on One past the AAM. The Corsair then landed letting Chris in the Mustang do "his thing" which once again were his patented fast low level flybys along One Nine. He did two then landed. Great job by all at the AAM ,the pilots and the Tower at FRG coordinating the mini-air show.
    Later saw on Facebook that the P-51 and the L-39 were prepping up for flying around 3PM. Great job by the AAM Facebook page keeping us abreast of activities all 3 days. Came in very handy.

Program Coordinator
    Great set guys!

Great shots guys
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Some shots from Monday:

I was on the ground shooting up as these guys made a steep-banked turn overhead.

I told Chris that when I'm on the ground, and still have to shoot down to catch him, that's a low pass!

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    I told Chris that when I'm on the ground, and still have to shoot down to catch him, that's a low pass!
    LMAO!! All the planes were great but Chris and his Mustang was THE HIGHLIGHT for me!! I was able to catch his flying all three days and he gave me goose bumps every pass he
    made!! Just amazing!!

What a great weekend at the museum! Here are a few of mine from Saturday and Sunday:

Isaac

No sign of the F4U Marine's Dream and the TBM?

No - "Marine's Dream" had mechanical issues on Friday when it was supposed to come up. Not sure about the other TBM, believe there were scheduling issues involved.