Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OC Air Show 11-12 June 2011

It will be hard for me to get away, especially tomorrow as my daughter is out of school and I am Mr. Mom this week LOL. You know.. .:-)

But, hit me up anyways, you never know I may be able to escape even if for an hour or two. Have not been to JFK for serious spotting in over a month!!!!!!!!
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Manny you didn;t spott for a month ?? I'll be honest I DO NOT BELIEVE YOU :)
    Living The Dream...

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    It will be hard for me to get away, especially tomorrow as my daughter is out of school and I am Mr. Mom this week LOL. You know.. .:-)

But, hit me up anyways, you never know I may be able to escape even if for an hour or two. Have not been to JFK for serious spotting in over a month!!!!!!!!
    We'll have to fix that soon Manny. Although I know what you mean. Even when I can't make it to JFK or BOS I still fill my spotting desires by going to PVD or something, but since the kiddos are in town til the end of July I am devoting all my time to them. I may be able to sneek out with my son and bring him along for a short spotting trip. I might even be able to get my daughter to come along, she was so excitedto tell me that she say a plane the other day when she was in Rhode Island with her grandmother. Described it to me and everything. She was so cute about it too.

Anyways, when I can get out for an official day of spotting, its gonna be a big one! From sunrise to sunset!
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

I got a few hours at LGA the other day, testing out (unsuccessfully) a new spot for me and 13 departures over the marina. And an hour or so at JFK while coming back from a LI business trip... but that is NOT spotting [spotting] ;-)

I mean, Going out at least half the day and ... well, you know!
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Definitely! The time I spent spotting on my trip out to Reno felt only like a tease. I think the amount of time I was able to squeeze in for spotting the entire trip was less than what I spend spotting in a whole day when I come down to JFK. I would have had alot more if the weather had cooperated.

The important thing is that I managed to get some spotting in on my trip.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Ok I was at Panera today for about 2 hours.... saw: AA yellow ribbon, Pink Delta, Special China Eastern, space shuttle.... not bad for 2 hours spotting :)
    Living The Dream...

Last edited by chrisparypa; 2011-06-15 at 10:54 AM.
    Living The Dream...

Outstanding set Chris! Love the B2 over the beach, almost looks like you 'shopped it in. The harrier close up is a killer too.

Sweet! I love them, Chris. Those Super Hornet vapor shots are killer! Where were you shooting from? Looks like you were somewhere up high.

Moos you have a good eye my friend :) I was on the roof of the hotel :) Im not sure what floor it was no more than 15th I think.

B-2 looks weird I know that and is not in focus cuz I shot on al servo and it was fast camera move before focusing target changed :)
    Living The Dream...