Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jones Beach Airshow May 28, 2011....beach not included...SUPER IMAGE HEAVY

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Loving those A10 shots!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Hey Cowens where did you shoot the pic of the H-34 from? I have the same shot from Sunday which I got through the fence (one advantage of my Canon PowerShot ). Didnt
    realize they went home at night. I've been hoping to get a shot of that Warbird helo for a long time and was very excited to see them prepping to leave when I took a walk over to the
    "Green" fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Hey Cowens where did you shoot the pic of the H-34 from? I have the same shot from Sunday which I got through the fence (one advantage of my Canon PowerShot ). Didnt
    realize they went home at night. I've been hoping to get a shot of that Warbird helo for a long time and was very excited to see them prepping to leave when I took a walk over to the
    "Green" fence.

I was taking a smoke break in the AAM parking lot and swung around and snapped off about 8 shots...almost missed it...

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie View Post
    Loving those A10 shots!

And yeah, those A-10 shots are killer!

A few we haven't seen in this thread yet...

John Klatt & his shadow

"Miss Hap" - banana pass

You want smoke? I'll give ya smoke!

Who dropped the fuel cap into the tank?

Wounded Warrior L-39 sunset

History...B-29, B-17, B-25

John John John, that last shot! man... I am soooo jealous ... LOL

This is the best I could do is a heavy crop from Conklin St (about 1000 meters) with a 6MP camera I am starting to save up my bribe money for next year. Which one of you is the easiest to bribe?

Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post

This is the best I could do is a heavy crop from Conklin St (about 1000 meters) with a 6MP camera I am starting to save up my bribe money for next year. Which one of you is the easiest to bribe?

The AAM may take your bribe, it cost me 5 years of bribing to get up there! I can get up there when ever I need to but can not take any visitors up during Airshow and labor day weekend. Klos and Moose earned the spots by donating over time and Kenny just got lucky when I told his mom I would keep him out of trouble. Last year he spent Airshow in the hospital with his family when his aunt got hit by a car 10 minutes before the Blue Angels arrived, he has been learning every chance anyone with a camera and knows how to use it will talk to him. We spend about 4 hours a week most weeks talking on the phone about philosophy of photography. He got kid brother treatment this week. It was nice not having any tours due to the ramp being so active on this side of the airport so late in the day. The downside is walking around with the key all day as it is on a big wood plank like a grammar school bathroom key ant it constantly banged into my sunburns when popping flashes at night.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    Kenny just got lucky when I told his mom I would keep him out of trouble. Last year he spent Airshow in the hospital with his family when his aunt got hit by a car 10 minutes before the Blue Angels arrived, he has been learning every chance anyone with a camera and knows how to use it will talk to him. We spend about 4 hours a week most weeks talking on the phone about philosophy of photography. He got kid brother treatment this week.

Not to mention all the Pro-bono work Kenny does for the Airshow, (Website, twitter updates, etc). We were actually hanging out with a couple of guys from Airshow Review on Friday & they told me that they got all their information from Kenny's website & twitter feed. Talk about an endorsement, guys who travel all over the world covering airshows go to Ken's website to get the info, very cool! This is not a rare occurance either, it happens all the time! The way I see it, the American Airpower & Bethpage FCU Airshow got THOUSANDS worth of promotion for nothing because of Kenny's hard work.

Great work buddy. You're a great guy who worked your tail off & you've earned your seat in the tower!

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    I really appreciate having the opportunity to be able to go up in the tower this year for the airshow. It was amazing being able to have that perspective and it is something I will never forget. And in case anyone is wondering I'm STILL going through my airshow shots and they are slowly but surely coming along. I'll probably end up posting those shots in the FRG thread.

Tim- Thanks! I was shocked when I heard the guys from Airshow Review got the information from my site. I TRY my best to keep it updated and have it there so people can enjoy the airshow.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

There are about 27 different threads with Airshow/HUTS photos, so I decided to post mine to a random one. Here are three that were just added to A.net. Thanks again to Fred and everyone at the American Airpower Museum for making it happen.

Last edited by Cary; 2011-06-08 at 03:33 AM.
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

Had to throw one last one up here...just wish I could have gotten prop blur.