Thread: KBOS 5/22/2011

KBOS 5/22/2011

I decided to get up nice and early this morning to go squeeze in some spotting up in Boston. I was already prepared for a cloudy day and was optomistic that the sun would make at least a few appearances, even if only briefly. Well, having said that, it was clear that Murhpy's Law of plane spotting was in effect. By that I mean the stuff I need to get was right in front of me today, but in bad light or left before I get there. Piedmont left before I arrived, United Friendship was in the fog, I heart blue york and Delta Sky Team in bad light.

The day started out in pretty heavy fog, and then got even heavier (planes were dissapearing before getting 100ft off the ground) and then the fog started to lift before it started to roll in a little again.

United Friendship

This is what the early conditions were like

Fog started lifting

Fog started to roll back in

Then I decided to head over to Castle Island for some arrivals

Finally got this one. Too bad it was in bad light.

After snapping a pic of this guy I called it a day. The light wasn't getting any better and neither was the traffic.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Steve, nice to see you made it out, nice stuff !
    Last edited by Roush6NY; 2011-05-23 at 12:07 PM.
    Kaz T

My Photos:

JetPhotos
    KT Images NY

Steve for the conditions there are some nice shots in there. That BA one is my personal favorite. Try that one on JP and see what happens. I think it could pass there at least!
    http://brandonsaviationblog.blogspot.com/ My continuing updated Aviation Blog
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/seahawks7757/ My continuing updated photostream from BFI and sometimes SEA

Steve, Nice shots even with the weather...... I saw the United retro on ACARS but I elected not to go..... probably should have

Rich

Those shots are great Steve! Where did you end up shooting the takeoffs from?
    Wings One Aviation Media - High Quality Aviation Videos
    http://www.youtube.com/user/BostonAirborne

Thanks alot guys! THe BA777 is also my personal favorite for the day too. Actually one of the main reasons I went. I also wanted the LH744 but with the light the way it was, I didn't want to stick around for another 3 hours of horrible cloudy light capturing E190s and CRJ waiting for it to show up. Had the sun been out I would have stuck around, but felt I could better spend my time editing the photos of what I did get.

Chris, I was over in Winthrop by the Cottage Park Yacht Club. I was hoping that I could find a way down to the shoreline once the tide went out, but the sea wall was too high up. I found a set of stairs, but believed they were on someone's property and I was not about to knock on their door at 7:00 in the morning to ask permission. One thing is for sure, if I ever win the lottery, I know which homeowner I am offering money to buy their house.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

nice shots Steve, someday the weather will be nice here.

Quote Originally Posted by Spunker View Post
    nice shots Steve, someday the weather will be nice here.
    Yeah, and it'll be the day that none of us can get out.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net