Thread: Washington DC w kids plus Marine One bonus!

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Washington DC w kids plus Marine One bonus!

Ok, so our first of many trips to come in DC. Simply an extraordinary treasure trove of knowledge.

-Did a tour in the Capital as well as waltzed by Re. Timothy Bishop's office in the Cannon House.

-sashayed through the Museum of Natural History. The kids gaped in awe at the dinosaurs and the animal exhibits.

-spent a day in the Udzar Hazy Air and Space museum. Never can get enough of so much aviation under one roof!

and finally, the bonus...

On Monday morning I noticed Air Force One was up in the air around 9 AM.
    AFAIK Obama addressed a commencement in Tenessee on Monday May 16. Having seen AF1, I wasn't overly surprised but it was nice seeing it in DC.

Later that afternoon, We were just at the base of the Washington monument around 5 PM. The kids were running around and enjoying the sun before the clouds rolled in.

I noticed some snipers on top of a building at the corner of the national mall but didnt know if this was the norm.

Then the surprise, a Marine One chopper makes a low pass over us (backlit). My gut is now telling me its not Obama until I see a second. Sure enough, the second Marine chopper decoy passes on the other side of the monument. The backlit chopper heads onto the lawn while the 2nd flanks the rear and another 2 decoys come in from the side.

nice to be in the right place at the right time.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie View Post
    On Monday morning I noticed Air Force One was up in the air around 9 AM.
    AFAIK Obama addressed a commencement in Tenessee on Monday May 16. Having seen AF1, I wasn't overly surprised but it was nice seeing it in DC.
    Later that afternoon, We were just at the base of the Washington monument around 5 PM. The kids were running around and enjoying the sun before the clouds rolled in.
    I noticed some snipers on top of a building at the corner of the national mall but didnt know if this was the norm.
    Then the surprise, a Marine One chopper makes a low pass over us (backlit). My gut is now telling me its not Obama until I see a second. Sure enough, the second Marine chopper decoy passes on the other side of the monument. The backlit chopper heads onto the lawn while the 2nd flanks the rear and another 2 decoys come in from the side.
    nice to be in the right place at the right time.
    Yup same thing happened to me the last two summers I was down in DC. And I've been going down to DC/Md for over 30 years (my wife lived their for 10 years and we have
    many friends down there) and never got a whiff of that. Really pretty cool. \
    Heading down there again this August for a few days then stopping in A/C on the way back for "Thunder Over The Boarwalk".