Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BMW 5 vs 3 series for commercial...

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    it has a 1-1.5 second lag before there is any response....which is just plain dangerous. The dealer can reprogram the transmission software, but it comes back in a few weeks.
    I get a much less delay in the Maxima but only in D mode. If you shift to manual and use the slapstick it performs the way it was designed. Which is how Nissan wanted it I guess.

Good luck with the Bimmer art I am sure you will enjoy it.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    First, Art, congrats but DO NOT SIGN ANY PAPERS unless you get the included KC-135 coffee service.

http://youtu.be/JyepAoMG7TA

Second, when the time does come, Tom, you have to bring Art, if not for the deal, then for good fun. We had a ridiculous time.

I gotta tell you Art, I love the look of certain BMWs, Audis and MB but to be honest, the primary indicator that drives my purchase is reliability. Whenever that March/April CR comes out, I look at the curves plot in back and Honda and Toyota are typically best.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie View Post
    Toyota are typically best.
    Eh...Toyota has had more recalls in the last 2 years then all of the car companies put together. I'd shy away from them. Plus their designs are bland and boring.

First, Art, congrats but DO NOT SIGN ANY PAPERS unless you get the included KC-135 coffee service.

http://youtu.be/JyepAoMG7TA

Second, when the time does come, Tom, you have to bring Art, if not for the deal, then for good fun. We had a ridiculous time.

I gotta tell you Art, I love the look of certain BMWs, Audis and MB but to be honest, the primary indicator that drives my purchase is reliability. Whenever that March/April CR comes out, I look at the curves plot in back and Honda and Toyota are typically best.
    Thanks Mario, working on the KC-135, will ask Moose to fly it.

Yeah we had a blast.....I do enjoy it....this one was easy though-the salesperson was one I actually trained 15 years ago, as he had started at Nissan but moved to BMW after a few months.
    Also got to see my friend Erik Habberstad-been a while....Can't WAIT till Friday. Saw my color on the road this afternoon-same car without X drive--Graphite Metallic....
    It's the fares, stupid

Tom, of course I know of Toyota's recent recall issues. Up until Aptil 2010, despite this, their reliability ratings were better than most. I do not recall how much the graph plot changes in the 2011 issue but have a look yourself.

As for bland and boring, I'll take it over reliability. Im not driving to impress anyone and I dont spend enough time in my car to really care about it yet.
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

Tom, of course I know of Toyota's recent recall issues. Up until Aptil 2010, despite this, their reliability ratings were better than most. I do not recall how much the graph plot changes in the 2011 issue but have a look yourself.

As for bland and boring, I'll take it over reliability. Im not driving to impress anyone and I dont spend enough time in my car to really care about it yet.
    Just try not to blow the steering pump.... LOLOL

Well, it's a done deal. There's a new 535xi in my driveway! Picked it up on Friday afternoon, and been loving it all weekend.
    It appears my Audi will be at Audi of Huntington, if anyone is interested.

Time will tell, but so far this is one tight and fun car to drive!
    Have a Happy and Safe 4th everyone!
    It's the fares, stupid

awaiting Freds videos of first refuel ;)