Thread: New 787 Flying??

New 787 Flying??

Hi all,
    The last two days I've seen a Boeing 88 listed as 787/788 flying around the Pac NW on Flightaware. Is this a new addition to the test fleet or an older one using a new flight number?
    Thanks,
    Gene

I don't believe this is a new 787 flying, but just a different callsign for an existing 787. The biggest clue I have is previous flights listed on flightaware and none of the flights have originated from KPAE where the airframes are built. Trying to figure out which one it really is and will get back to this thread with the answer, hopefully.

-Tad

Thanks Sporky, I was thinking it might be 3 or 4 as they haven't been aloft in awhile.

Right now the best I can offer is that it is BOE006, just not sure why they are using a different callsign. It is out and about today again, so will try to get visual proof.

-Tad

Well it took a bit of time, but when all else fails ask someone. I did that yesterday and found out that Boeing is using BOE88 for flight crew training flights. From what I was told, on Boeing frequencies they are calling themselves "Trainer 88". Hope that helps. As for what crews, my friend thinks it is Boeing crews but I think I saw something on the web last week that ANA crews were beginning to train on this type.

-Tad

Yes, Boeing released a press statement that ANA pilots are in flight training for 787.

http://boeing.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=1720

Thanks Sporky great follow up much appreciated