Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING NEWS: Osama Bin Laden DEAD!!!

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    OK, I have not been on he news since last night.

A few questions I have that dont seem clear.

- Fox was reporting he was killed LAST WEEK and that it took some time to verify by DNA match that it was indeed Osama. Others are saying it was May 1. Which is it?

-I am now hearing his body was dumped at sea? What, with Megatron?? In a world where photoshop reigns and tangible proof is necessary, I am now VERY skeptical.
    This is not tin foil hat conspiracy but just basic sense. What is the story here?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

The operation to go into the compound was approved last week, and the attack itself occurred yesterday.

The sea burial is to keep any placement of his body from becoming a shrine or target, which makes a lot of sense. They also took DNA samples and I'm sure they have ample photo/video. Did you expect them to put his body on display?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I want to know how many times the operator tapped him in total. Word on the block is that he grabbed a woman and hid behind her. Apparently the Seal had to take her out to take him out. I saw video on Gizmodo of the inside of the house post raid with blood all over the place. Frankly, I am just glad that the prick is dead. Finally, after a long grueling wait.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    The operation to go into the compound was approved last week, and the attack itself occurred yesterday.

The sea burial is to keep any placement of his body from becoming a shrine or target, which makes a lot of sense. They also took DNA samples and I'm sure they have ample photo/video. Did you expect them to put his body on display?

Phil, I feel that makes sense. Yet I wonder if these officials actually though about the ramifications of dumping the body. In a single day, they DNA sampled, autopsied, got him on a ship, photographed, etc. Its all too suspect.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

I think in this case, they take some blood and understand that the Seals are not going to lie and accept the truth. They have DNA and Pictures or more, They are not going to care about some people saying it did not happen. No amount of proof will stop a conspiracy theorist from spreading trash. The goal was kill the bastard, The did that and do not give a **** if people say it did or did not happen.... The goal was to kill the bastard, they are content and do not care about the trash talk.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie View Post
    Phil, I feel that makes sense. Yet I wonder if these officials actually though about the ramifications of dumping the body. In a single day, they DNA sampled, autopsied, got him on a ship, photographed, etc. Its all too suspect.
    I don't find anything suspicious about that. No one said he was autopsied. they used obvious photographic evidence to confirm, and on top of the that, the DNA testing was still ongoing this morning.

And what ramifications?

Also, burial at sea is not uncommon at all. Many US sailors who die in war are buried this way still today.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    You are going to have to expect to get flamed.
    You are very right about that, and I find it sad, but I'm prepared. Why do people (not necessarily you) get pi$$ed off from the moment someone raises questions? People love to question governments all the time, why not here? I believe that, as a citizen of the world (I'm not American), my job is make sure we have credible, trustworthy people in charge of us and frankly, history has often shown that this breed is rare.

OBL was buried at sea.... I can only raise the question "why?".

Anyway, I apologize for turning this thread into this, on an aviation-related website. This will be my final comment about it as I refuse to upset anyone (and be off-topic). Let's now hope that American and foreign forces will all come back home fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    Sorry, one more word since Phil is raising this. A French news channel showed what is supposedly the US Army's picture proof of OBL's death. This French blog calls it fake all the way (google translate for a rough translation). Make your own opinion...

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT

http://realinfos.wordpress.com/2011/...-fake-de-plus/

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    You are very right about that, and I find it sad,
    What is sad is that Jesse Ventura and the truthers have started a trend of throwing out lies and assumptions as a way to question everything the government does. It's sad that society has degenerated into this.

I believe that, as a citizen of the world (I'm not American), my job is make sure we have credible, trustworthy people in charge of us and frankly, history has often shown that this breed is rare.
    That is fine but do it with facts and not talking points and innuendo.

OBL was buried at sea.... I can only raise the question "why?".
    Muslim belief is to bury the body as soon as possible after death. They did it at sea to prevent people from making pilgramges to the site and to prevent any further inflammation. I mean if you used some common sense instead of jumping to conclusions you would see this was the only way to handle the body.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    That is fine but do it with facts and not talking points and innuendo.

I mean if you used some common sense instead of jumping to conclusions you would see this was the only way to handle the body.
    (So much for saying it was going to be my last post about this but...)

Obviously, I disagree, but that's okay.

The only thing that makes me react (for the last time, hopefully) is the fact that you question my common sense (and you've been doing so since last night) when I don't question yours, or your intelligence. As much as I did not present FACTS, neither did you.

Disagreeing is one thing. Disrespecting one's opinion is another. Thank you.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    neither did you.
    Huh? They have indentified the body by facial technology, had someone at the scene ID him and did DNA and have photos. I mean what the hell else is there? A person in the town saw the helicopters and fire and tweeted all night about it which coincides with the video that was shot. I mean you get mad at people for insulting your intelligence yet you show very little. You are a truther and a truther doesn't need facts or doesn't live in reality. They live in a deep rooted hatred for elected office and will never believe anything the government does. It is borderline insanity if not total insanity. Osama Bin Laden planned out the attacks on the WTC. His men flew the planes into the WTC and Pentagon. For 10 years we have searched for him and we finally found him. Yesterday a team of Seals landed where he was holed up and shot him in the head and killed him. All the evidence points to this. Not to some elaborate scheme by God knows who to bomb the WTC, shoot a missle at the Pentagon to start a war for oil and God knows what you think happened to Osama, you said not in this decade? When did we kill him? Now if you have anything that resembles proof that contradicts this please share it but by just saying "Government is full of liars" or that twitter is not realible because you can tweet something that didn't happen is not proof. It's insane.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie View Post
    I was listening to one of the press conferences this afternoon with White House counterterrorism adviser John Brennan. He said they had various plans on what to do with him, depending on whether they captured him alive or not. It had been determined that if OBL was killed in the raid, they would attempt to follow Islamic rituals in handling the body (although unsaid, I assume it was to avoid inflaming passions among those in the world who supported OBL). In order to do that, he would need to be buried within 24 hours. Following the raid, his body was taken to a USN ship, where his identity was confirmed, and as there would be insufficient time to transfer his body elsewhere, the plan included burial at sea, in an acceptable manner. And as noted, it prevents his burial site from becoming a pilgrimage site.

Quote Originally Posted by RomNYC View Post
    Sorry, one more word since Phil is raising this. A French news channel showed what is supposedly the US Army's picture proof of OBL's death. This French blog calls it fake all the way (google translate for a rough translation). Make your own opinion...
    That is fake - I've seen a couple of reports where that picture had been around for a while, already. All reputable news agencies have removed it from their sites.

ETA: A quick Google search turned up this - the April, 2009 story in which Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari said OBL "may have been killed", since there is little information to suggest he is alive. The story included the "death" photo in question.
    http://www.thepeoplesvoice.org/TPV3/...ead-by-pak-int
    Last edited by moose135; 2011-05-02 at 04:09 PM.

For the sake of my own sanity, I have to believe that they killed him. If it really wasn't him, well, then let him live out the rest of his days in Kunar Province like the little rat-mole that he is, smelling like ass in a cave that smells like ammonia filled with bugs and bats. Him and all his dirty little friends can sit and have circle jerks about their pathetic lives in complete isolation from everyone else. He would never be able to roam the world freely anyway.

I hope he felt the same pain and fear those people felt jumping from the 102nd floor 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    For the sake of my own sanity, I have to believe that they killed him.
    Well if it WASNT him dont you think he would be screaming from the rooftops "Hey Infidels I'm Still Here"!!!!!!!!!! And his showing up like that would
    make this country and our govt look like real humiliated fools!!
    Geez I can see questioning our govt but THIS SOB IS DEAD!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Well if it WASNT him dont you think he would be screaming from the rooftops "Hey Infidels I'm Still Here"!!!!!!!!!! And his showing up like that would
    make this country and our govt look like real humiliated fools!!
    Geez I can see questioning our govt but THIS SOB IS DEAD!!!!!!
    great point..now will the Tin foil hat wearers go on about your lives please...