Thread: NY Trip in September

NY Trip in September

1st time poster to the group - I'm visiting NY for a few days September after the NAS Oceana airshow before returning to the UK.

I fly into EWR from ORF and then my flight home is EWR to GLA. I'll have 3 & a bit days in NY. Currently planning on doing the touristy stuff and visiting the USS Intrepid.
    Hoping to spend 1 day at JFK for photography.

The cheapest hotels I've seen advertised are all around the EWR area. Are there likely to be any deals for Manhattan hotels closer to the time? At the moment I can get 3 nights at the EWR Raddisson for the price of 1 night in Manhattan.

What sort of travel time would I be looking at between EWR & some of the JFK spotting locations by public transport?

Final question for the moment - what is spotting like at the downtown heliports?

Regards

Mark

You may be able to get some good prices at hotels out by JFK. I was looking at the prices not to long ago and around JFK you can get a room for $70/night and up.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Thanks Steve,

I had thought about a JFK hotel but not sure given I'm flying in/out of EWR.

Mark

If you go for a JFK hotel, I have stayed at this Best Western twice, before I moved to NY. Of course, it is your typical airport chain hotel but it was reasonably priced, clean, and overall pleasant.

http://bestwesternnewyork.com/hotels...ennedy-airport

In terms of transportation to JFK, the Aqueduct North Conduct Ave stop OR the Far Rockaway/Mott ave stop on the A line might be the "most" convenient but it would still be quite a walk to any of the spotting locations. Or you always have the AirTrain.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...h&z=11&start=0

Travel time ranges from 90 mins to 2 hours.

Thanks for the suggestion Rom.