Thread: Help with Registration and Identification

Help with Registration and Identification

Hello all... I need help identifying a BizJet. While at SXM, I shot this guy

but the entire series is head on and butt shots... the craft has NO IDENTIFICATIONS on the belly at all or under the wings. The regi is on the side of the tail from what I can see at full resolution. In any case, I have looked at over 1200 images on Airliners and can;t find one that closely matches at all.

Here is what I know...

--From wings and fuselage and such, I am 99% sure it is a Canadair Challenger 604
    --The fuselage is all white with 4 stripes running from nose to tail. The top stripe is think blue followed by a thick yellow band, a thick black or deep blue band and then a thin yellow one again...
    --The Yellow wraps a bit and up to the base of the tail
    --The Black seems to spread to the entire tip of the rear fuselage ...

Anyway, if you can help either pointing me in the right direction with flight tracking for that day or by actual photographic identification.

Flightaware does not help as they do not have much data other than heavies at SXM.

Thank you!
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Certainly is a Chally, but if you're doing an image search for 604s, it may also be a 601. It's not a 600 or 600S; they have different engines.

I think it is a 604 from the length of the fuselage but I am guessing. I figured more since we have a very wide coverage of airports here (ISP, FRG, HPN somewhat, FLL, MIA, etc. maybe one of us has spotted her if it is a local goil. I am assuming it is from the lack of numbers under the wings. Most all other countries regi the underside of the wings ... I thought it was for all overseas planes but at SXM I saw PLENTY of non compliant ones :-)

There were TONS of craft from Brazil.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Definitely not one that see's FRG a lot. I'll do some research and see what I can find Manny.

...update...
    looked at a bunch of sites, as well as Flick & pbase. Nothing. Sorry Manny.
    Last edited by lijk604; 2011-04-28 at 09:09 PM. Reason: update