Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Obama BACK in NYC Wed April 27

Anyone know when the Nighthawk copters departed? Did they wait for the weather to settle or did they IFR out of there?

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq View Post
    -_- My parents and sister were coming back from wintering in Sarasota on JBU348 and natrually, they ended up over 2 hours late getting out due to the GS issued for AF1 and when it's AF1 there isnt a string in the world you can pull with people to make an airplane move when you need it to.
    In the case of AF1 and JFK when do they exactly shutdown everything and approx how long does that last? Do they wait until Marine 1 is airborne and safely away?
    Thanks.

From what I have seen with my own eyes, at least last time.

--AF1 departed PHL for JFK. JFK was runnign normal.

--As AF1 approached, about 10DME controllers were still landing airplanes as normal. ONLY Commercials were being allwoed... all Class B traffic that had ignored the TFR were quickly scared away by NYPD helos or JFK Tower.

--At around 8 DME, the last plane in the queue that was borderline, say 5 minutes from AF1 landing, was told perhaps he woudl not make it due to VIP movements so was told to climb to 4,000, new heading AWAY from JFK and rejoin the queue. All other craft were being circled by ROBER and CAMR approach.

--AF1 landed and within five minutes of it touching down, a Delta A330 touched down on 22L.

--31L was not being used much anyway but some flights were taking off from it before AF1. After she landed, no other flights took off from 31L but 22R and 22L opened up for inbounds and outbounds within 10 minutes.

--About 30 minutes past AF1 landing and white tops departing, 31L had a departure.

I left after that.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Gerard, when he is about 2 to 5 from checking in with the local controll (Now required to be Supervisor or better) departures will usually suspend and than resume once the helicopters are out of the bravo for JFK... Than, it's like a mad rush to get everyone out.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Thanks guys