Thread: Foggy Day at JFK/LGA- 4/25/2011

Foggy Day at JFK/LGA- 4/25/2011

(subtitled.. I don't bite)

I was able to make it out for a couple of hours today to both LGA and JFK, really interesting with the Fog and how quickly the conditions went from very nice VFR to kind of a nightmare. I was at the mounds the same time as Eric (I think thats your name) but you didnt seem to want to say hello and I figured I smelled.. so, no chance to introduce myself. Anyway, here's my take on the day of fog..

1) UsAirways E190 outbound from 13 at LGA

2) Oddly, this is the first time I have gotten an AA762 in okay light that I was happy with

3) nice to get the beacon, this little guy was bouncing around quite a bit on final.

4) Even the A320 struggled a bit with the crosswinds

5) Little less difficulty with the winds, and nice light for this beautiful aircraft

6) No DH8 today, so I had to do a double 757, one close up and one standard.

7) 757 standard, still beautiful..

8) The previously mentioned go-around by the AF B747, very impressive climbout

9) Back into the sequence..
    FDNY#13
    Be The Change You Want to See in the World
    http://www.flicker.com/cbcarver5

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Where is the fog? We had quarter mile visibility in babylon ;)
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

NLovis
    What time is that AF 747 comming in usually? Thats a catch ive been trying to get for over a year now.

That flight is Air France 6, normally the A380 service. On occasion its a 777, and even today it showed on Flightaware as an A380, but that 747 is what showed up.. So, I dont know how to really plan for its arrival. It was my first AF B747 ever photographed, so a nice catch and the go-around just was a bonus.
    FDNY#13
    Be The Change You Want to See in the World
    http://www.flicker.com/cbcarver5

Quote Originally Posted by NoGreenBox View Post
    I was at the mounds the same time as Eric (I think thats your name) but you didnt seem to want to say hello and I figured I smelled.. so, no chance to introduce myself.
    Nice shots!

Some of us are outgoing, some of us are lone wolves, some of us are in between. Don't take it personal! I know that I've seen Eric several times on various spotting locations and never got to speak to him. I don't blame him, I didn't make the first step myself either (the fact that English isn't my first language probably gets in the way, somehow). I was at LGA this PM and saw a fellow spotter, I didn't come up to him when I should probably have. Til next time :)

In any case, keep up the good work

Nice shots, I love the Virgin Atlantic B747

nice work Chris, your shooting/editing have come a long way!
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?