Thread: STL just hit by Tornado

STL just hit by Tornado

Breaking News St. Louis Lambert International Airport just hit by Tornado, significant damage and injuries including part of roof ripped off Concourse C !

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Storm...120523519.html

Good luck St Louis !

LGA777

Wow that truck up on the wall is amazing!! Wonder what damage planes suffered!
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Program Coordinator
    Have a few friends there...hope they're alright.

Also hope everything is alright at STL...saw that the airport is now closed. ATIS currently reports nothing weird though...maybe it hasn't been updated?

Looks like AA 699 a 757 STL-ORD-LAX was pushing back from C-12 when the Tornado hit and the 757 was blown back into the weeds behind the ramp. Flight is
    now cancelled. approx 100 people where trapped on board as ground crews could not get to aircraft do to debris. AA 2298 a 757 from MIA turned around and went
    back to MIA. AA 2019 from LGA has diverted to BNA.

Hey All--

Though I use STL for my travels, I was just fine and was not affected by this. I live 2 hours away, we did get hit by the same storms but nothing like STL got in terms of damage or anything.

I spoke with my former co workers in STL and these are things I am hearing...

--Five AA aircraft were damaged, all taken out of service.
    --AA is canceling everything tomorrow
    --Numerous broken doors, glasses and shattered/crushed walls mostly inside Main Terminal/Terminal 1
    --Just about every single window in C Concourse is broken or shattered in some area.
    --Most if not all jetways in C Concourse are damaged to some extent.

STL is closed until further notice, but if airlines can operate safely into STL they may do so. Been quite rough up there.
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

That is just insane, we were getting hit with dust devils at SeaTac this afternoon I was just thinking what it would be like if an actual tornado was to hit an airport.
    http://brandonsaviationblog.blogspot.com/ My continuing updated Aviation Blog
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/seahawks7757/ My continuing updated photostream from BFI and sometimes SEA

Watching CNN now and they are showing amazing pictures of the airport from newscopters. And its still raining there as the copter flies over the region. In fact there are more storms
    moving in. Tornados are NOT expected though there will be thunderstorms. The airport has a news conference scheduled for 11AM (EDT). CNN will show it LIVE.

http://www.wltx.com/news/national/ar...lowing-Tornado

Concourse C houses Air Tran, American, Cape Air and Frontier airlines. Frontier Airlines and AirTran were moved and are operating on the B Concourse. Passengers can access those gates through the B Checkpoint. Frontier is now operating out of B10. Air Tran is operating out of B12.

American Airlines and Cape Air have been moved to the once closed D Concourse. American is planning to begin operations Monday morning. Cape Air will begin Tuesday morning. American will operate out of gates D2, D4 and D6. Cape Air will operate out of D8 and D10. Those passengers can access American and Cape Air gates through the C Concourse.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!