Thread: The Marines Have Invaded! (many photos)

The Marines Have Invaded! (many photos)

A couple of weeks back, I went down to Hooks (DWH) for some spotting, and unknown to me, the Collings Foundation was also there. Not having the cash on me to go past the fence, I hung around for a bit, and just as I was about to leave, I heard the tell-tell sound of a Huey approaching. I looked up, and to my surprise, it was an AH-1. After he landed, I talked to the pilots a bit and found out he was leading a flight of three from Cherry Point to Yuma. The other two Hueys landed about 15 minutes behind him and basically did a gas and go...the go part didn't fully happen. The Cobra was a bit delayed getting off after some pilots came over for some trouble shooting, and the Hueys didn't get off at all while one had an engine failure. But that allowed time for the Collings earlier model Huey to fly over just long enough for an amazing photo op! Special thanks to the pilots for allowing these shots, some of the nicest guys you could ever meet.

excellent shots! Great subject, but even better creativity in composition... Always nice to see something more than just a sideways shot.. Thanks for posting!

Christopher
    FDNY#13
    Be The Change You Want to See in the World
    http://www.flicker.com/cbcarver5

NLovis
    Amazing. Just an amazing opportunity you took advantage of. Very nice.

Great shots, sounds like a fun adventure. I like the close up of the machine gun and the image with the thistle(?) in the foreground.
    Jeremy in Minnesota

My pictures on jp.net