Thread: 787 @JFK

787 @JFK

Just out of curiosity. Does anyone know when Boeing plans to bring a 787 or a 747 800 into Kennedy?

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    You are better off just banging away at Flightaware daily and tracking the Boeing experimental fleet. Anything else will just be purile conjecture.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Nick knows, but he's not telling anyone.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Funny one John though I find it amusing how lightly you take the risk of people losing their job and others level of security. I know you view the siutation as merely a photo op but it does go a bit further.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Program Coordinator

You are better off just banging away at Flightaware daily and tracking the Boeing experimental fleet
    Nick is right on this one...but Boeing on flightaware is also not reliable. Boeing is notorious for making flight plans and never following through with them, or not listing them at all, or listing them 30 minutes after they're en route. Most of us locals here in Seattle, when we want something specific, usually wait until it's airborne on f/a before we even bother heading down. A great example was the first new AA 738 - a bunch of us waited over 6 hours at Renton for it to fly.

I am pretty sure though that NYCAviation would know about a 787 or 748 visit to JFK - we've got too many connections in NYC & Seattle to not get the drop on it. If it happened, and we didn't know in advance, I'd be surprised.