Thread: Flight Aware not accurate

Flight Aware not accurate

I always felt that Flight Aware info was completely accurate but I can testify that it's not. On April 9, I wasted my time waiting for the promised Lufthansa A380. It came right over Brooklyn and arrived on Rwy 13L after 1 PM. However, despite what Flight Aware says, it was a B744 and not an A380. They never revived this on the site; it's still shown as an A388. Unreliable.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    yes, it happens. the only way you'll ever get info that is !00% accurate is to get it directly from the FAA.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

I have also noticed lately that the Flightaware iPhone app has not been listing the international flights that are en-route to the airport. Last time I came to JFK me and Kaz were out spotting and I saw so many flights coming in that were not showing up in the app.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Where would you find them through the FAA or is that confidential info, curious because I have been noticing the same thing with certain flights coming into Calgary.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    Quote Originally Posted by mattdueck View Post
    Where would you find them through the FAA ....
    you won't, national security..... etc.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

I kinda figured that actually. Thanks.

Just look the airlines websites. Also the FlightAware app sucks, if you have the internet on your phone just go directly to the site ;)
    http://brandonsaviationblog.blogspot.com/ My continuing updated Aviation Blog
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/seahawks7757/ My continuing updated photostream from BFI and sometimes SEA