Thread: Long Island Serial Killer

Long Island Serial Killer

I can't believe all the bodies they are finding on Gilgo Beach on Long Island.

Last year myself and a few others were investigating something aviation-related there on Gilgo, and I remember walking through the marshes and just kinda thinking/joking that there’s gotta be bodies in there, similar to how Flushing Airport where I grew up was a dumping ground about 6 months or so.

Personally, since the serial killer was using the area for a dumping ground, I think the cops should have kept their findings very hush-hush, and set up surveillance to wait for the next time the guy went to dump one and catch him in the act. Just my thought.

Whether they were hookers or not, it’s very sad and I hope they catch the guy. Anyone of you Long Island guys have more info than the more broad news we see offers?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

That's a rough area, not hard to miss someone in there. It's scary to think they went looking for one missing woman, and have found eight others instead. I don't see how they could keep it quiet, Phil. It wasn't until the first search turned up multiple bodies, something they were not expecting. Once that happened, it was hard to keep a lid on it.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    IIRC the first body was found in Dec '10, right? I was in Miami but if thats right, my first question was,, how do you come upon a body in the sand in the dead of winter, possibly covered in sand and /or snow?

Once they found that body as well as a few others, the next thing is that, I am guessing that with the cold wx and the ground freeze, they were lucky to find what bodies they DID find in December. Now that the snow is gone and the ground is thawing out, I am NOT surprised they are finding more than they did in December.

It's an ongoing story here. What has rubbed me the wrong way regarding the missing person Gilbert is that they say she was last seen running in distress. WHAT the F?!!! You mean someone had the means to help?!?!! That blows my mind.

What also bothers me is how this portrays our society's allowance of behavior toward battered women:

From Newsday : The Gilbert family said that the Suffolk County homicide detective who called Tuesday did not say how Shannan had been ruled out from the remains. "He didn't say how, but I am assuming it's her jaw," said Gilbert's sister, Sherre, of upstate Ellenville. Gilbert has metal in her jaw, her family said, the result of surgery after a boyfriend punched her."

She was already up the creek with domestic abuse.
    Women and mothers in abusive relationships, prostitution. Its 2011 and yet its still happening. That is deplorable.

Gerard and I are both armchair CSIs on the matter, see our comments on FB. I might heard down to Gilgo and solve this myself.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie View Post
    What has rubbed me the wrong way regarding the missing person Gilbert is that they say she was last seen running in distress. WHAT the F?!!! You mean someone had the means to help?!?!! That blows my mind.
    From reports, she went to a house in the area looking for help. The homeowner called the police, but she had left before they arrived.

I killed my car on Ocean Parkway in the same area they are looking. I did not hit 8 bodies tho....I swear! This whole thing is very sad.

The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    That's a rough area, not hard to miss someone in there. It's scary to think they went looking for one missing woman, and have found eight others instead. I don't see how they could keep it quiet, Phil. It wasn't until the first search turned up multiple bodies, something they were not expecting. Once that happened, it was hard to keep a lid on it.
    Especially since they had been there for so long and were all skeletons. This guy is long gone or has changed where he is dumping bodies. I wager he has now either fled or went back to being a normal human being and unless SCPD can get a hold of victims computers to trace who sent them emails via craigslist this may never be solved. Then again all serial killers usually make that key mistake too.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    I wager he has now either fled or went back to being a normal human being
    Uh I dont believe this person(s) were EVER a NORMAL human being. He may have fled but I doubt the blood lust has left. Biding his time?
    And now it looks like the search is being extended to Nassau County.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Uh I dont believe this person(s) were EVER a NORMAL human being. He may have fled but I doubt the blood lust has left. Biding his time?
    And now it looks like the search is being extended to Nassau County.
    Just about every serial killer can't stop their appetite for killing but will lay low for an extended period and then when resumes do it elsewhere.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

NLovis
    The main question is just how long have those bodies been there for? Im thinking its been quite awhile if its bones. This guy could have moved out of state by now. I really hope that catch the guy responsible for this. Its sickening and sad to see what has happened and to know hes getting away with it.

I bet there are bodies and skeletons all over the place in "remote" areas adjacent to major populations. Hopefully they catch the maniac responsible for this batch.

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    4 murdered women at Gilgo+2 ecapitated women in Manorville+1 unidentified asian man+1 child-Shannon Gilbert still missing x 2 killers =

"This investigation is not an episode of CSI or Criminal Minds that is going to be solved in an hour." Suffolk DA Thomas Spota

(as seen in longislandpress.com)
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

But, where is Jimmy Hoffa?... In all seriousness. I was talking to my mother on the phone last night about this Ocean Parkway situation. When I was a little kid her parents lived in Medford. Coming from Long Beach we would always take Ocean Parkway as it was an easy drive to and from instead of getting jammed up on the Southern State on a Sunday night in the summer. My grandfather used to always tell my mother to make sure she got gas before we got on the highway because he thought that road was prime danger ground. My mother would always just yes him to death. Last night she remarked to me "I guess Grandpa was not kidding". Frankly, I never liked driving that road anyway because if you get a flat or break down it's going to be a wait in any event. Even with cell phones.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie View Post
    4 murdered women at Gilgo+2 ecapitated women in Manorville+1 unidentified asian man+1 child-Shannon Gilbert still missing x 2 killers =

"This investigation is not an episode of CSI or Criminal Minds that is going to be solved in an hour." Suffolk DA Thomas Spota

(as seen in longislandpress.com)
    Lets hear it for the highest paid highest unsolved murder rate Detectives in the nation! Way to go Suffolk PD....you are a disgrace!

Program Coordinator
    The main question is just how long have those bodies been there for?
    I was under the impression the main question is "whodunit?"..