Thread: Cookeville, TN Fly-over

Cookeville, TN Fly-over

Not sure if this belongs in this section or not...

While in Tennessee this past weekend visiting my kids, I had lunch in Cookeville, TN. I had forgotten about the Celebration of Life ceremony for William "Wild Bill" Walker. I was standing outside of the restaurant we had lunch at talking to family after we had gotten done eating. Luckily I had my camera in my hands (taking pictures with kids and my grandmother), when someone pointed to the sky. I only wish I had had the 100-400mm lens on the camera at the time. I cleaned it up the best I could.

RIP William
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Steve, great catch. But feel good about out it looks. If you shot it with the 100-400 it would look identical, only better quality but the scene would not look any different :-)
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Thanks Manny. The thanks should actually go to my Aunt's husband. He pointed them out and yelled over to me. I had actually ran back across the parking lot to the car to switch to the bigger lens to get closer to them thinking they would do another pass, but after waiting 5-10 mins at the car I put the 24-105 back on and went back to taking pics of the kids. Sure enough as we were walking to the car to leave 20 mins later they made a second pass. Still had the small lens on.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Program Coordinator
    Nice pack of CJ's and nice shot.