Thread: SXM 03/24/2011 - Part 3 - Image Heavy

SXM 03/24/2011 - Part 3 - Image Heavy

...continued from Part 2

Cactus leaves

could never get the WestJet in good conditions. Came in only twice while I was there... I guess I will just have to go back to get it

clouds... !

once a week for Corsair means you don't get another chance unless you're staying longer. Again, the clouds did not help....

Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

After a long day at the beach, and meeting hundreds of people, Serge 's girlfriend asked to take a picture with "The Beach Photographer" as they called me. She was visiting from Russia.

Manny Gonzalez

Manny, N345LC is a local bird based in FRG. Nice seeing an old friend in a different spot.

It must have been some sight seeing the Corsair 747 coming in. What's with some of the gals with their hands up in the air? Where they sing to Y-M-C-A or Hands-Up.....Baby......Hands-Up? LoL
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Quote Originally Posted by Zee71 View Post
    It must have been some sight seeing the Corsair 747 coming in. What's with some of the gals with their hands up in the air? Where they sing to Y-M-C-A or Hands-Up.....Baby......Hands-Up? LoL
    That seems to be the official Maho Facebook Profile Pic Pose

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Nice stuff Manny! Though when you go to SXM you have to get bonker shots!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

@John, Yeah, I saw a lot of birds from my local regional HPN... I mean, seems like all the rich folks from CT come to SXM and maybe hop over to the other secluded little islands... I shot about every bizjet that came in since I never know when I would get a shot at catching them again :-) as I spend most of my time at JFK shooting the big boys!

@Mark, wow, I have to go back just to enjoy it without the camera. Having the camera makes you want to work and you don't get to enjoy the sight!!

@Matt, they now have the DANGER sign as their profile pic :-) But yes, Everyone puts up their hands and gives their back to the planes as they come in while their friends take pictures of them with the planes in the BG.

A funny story, this woman from Ukraine comes over to me, really nice lady. She starts to ask me about all my gear and how can she get a good picture of a plane with her P&S camera. She kept missing them or out of focus. So I showed her a few tricks and helped her get a good shot of one of the Biz Jets... she was sooooo excited she wanted to reward me! So she bought me a Beer!

Everyone on the beach is SUPER friendly...

Mark, the only problem you will have when you come back to NY, especially JFK, is the wonder why US is so strict about security at the perimeter when SXM has been doing it the open way for more than what, 70 years? LOL.
    Manny Gonzalez

Nick, not here please, this is a family website LOL... but don;t worry, when they're ready, you'll know it
    Manny Gonzalez