Thread: August 2: Korean Air A380 to JFK

Cool August 2: Korean Air A380 to JFK

I hope this wasn't posted before. I searched and found nothing. Korean Air plans to commence A380 service 3x/week on August 2. Spotters will be able to see it arrive in the morning then depart at 2 PM. This is something to look forward to for us. In September, they plan to fly the A380 daily to JFK. A similar service will visit LAX soon after. I have been sad since KAL discontinued their daily morning B744 into JFK and replaced it with the "lowly" B777. This will make-up for my disappointment.

Is KAL going to be using the A380 in place of the Triple 7 or are they going to be running both?
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Sweet........Big Blue............JFK is going to be A380 heaven. Now if only Qantas and Singapore would do the same.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Quote Originally Posted by Zee71 View Post
    Sweet........Big Blue............JFK is going to be A380 heaven. Now if only Qantas and Singapore would do the same.
    Hopefully in due time! That would be great to see. Can you imagine what the ramp will look like if they are all on the ground at the same time? Even if only for 5 minutes! Granted I don't think that would happen sice the KAL would be heading out at 2pm.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

It was posted here: http://nycaviation.com/forum/threads...ve-August-2011

Finally, an A380 with some color!
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
    Hopefully in due time! That would be great to see. Can you imagine what the ramp will look like if they are all on the ground at the same time? Even if only for 5 minutes! Granted I don't think that would happen sice the KAL would be heading out at 2pm.
    Chances of this are pretty remote I mean if Qantas pulled their 747 I doubt they will consider the whalejet. Just not enough demand. As with Singapore I don't see it either. Especially when fuel goes up 30% in 6 weeks. The Korean will be a nice site though. We need some color instead of white!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

For purposes of this little expose, I will not say that I support any manufacturer over the other. They both produce great machines and support the global economy. That said, some airplanes are like STD-ridden hookers...you may not want to ride them, but they're still neat to look at.
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?