Thread: BDL 3-20-2011

BDL 3-20-2011

Decided to try out Bradley today since I wasn't able to get down to what I'm sure was a beautiful day at JFK as well as up here in CT. Glad I decided to go since I got a chance to see a few different things than I normally do at PVD.

Some morning departures off runway 6

Two shots of Beta Blue

Some runway 33 departures

And finished the day with some runway 6 arrivals

Enjoy!
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Great set Steve !!!!
    Kaz T

My Photos:

JetPhotos
    KT Images NY

Steve I told you your backyard sometimes can give you as much fun as JFK ;-) The republic is a nice grab... never saw that before.

LOVE the FedEx!!!
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Thanks guys! And Manny yes you were right about the airports in my backyard have been just as fun as a trip to JFK. As far as that Republic goes, when I saw it coming I had forgotten that it was a republic coming in and thought it was going to be a Delta when I saw the all white with blue tail. Then it got closer and what a surprise it was to see it say Republic Airways on it. And That FedEx shot is one of my favorites of the day. That was another surprise when I heard them check in with the tower for departure. Glad they went off of 6, since I wouldn't have had the light to get a shot if they had gone off 33 that early.

Thanks again guys!
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

Steve- these are incredibly clear, beautiful, crisp shots- excellent captures man- that FedEx is WICK-ED

Thanks. After a few tips from the Master that is Manny, my pics have improved tremendously. The good light I've been able to take advantage of has helped too.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

Wow, excellent representation of BDL!! Looks like a fun airport to spot at...I didn't know they had some of those.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

being the nearest big plane place between Boston and JFK I always imagined it had potential. Steve,m also look out for a weekly (I think) UPS 757 that goes to and from Albany.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

excellent shots Steve, I gotta make it out to Bradly one day.. Manny The Republic scheme does often fly to LGA for USAirways Express or Midwest Connect!
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    Wow, excellent representation of BDL!! Looks like a fun airport to spot at...I didn't know they had some of those.
    Thanks Phil! It can be fun, but limited on the amount of decent spots to view from that you won't get booted out of by the police. Yesterday they were using two runways, which was a pain in the a$$ at times, especially on the departures in the morning that kept me from getting a few that I wanted (like a United 319 still in the old grey colors). Then in the afternoon I thought they had 4 in a row stacked up coming in on 33, but turned out I heard ATC wrong and they were coming in on 6 so I drove around for nothing and missed a few during the driving.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    being the nearest big plane place between Boston and JFK I always imagined it had potential. Steve,m also look out for a weekly (I think) UPS 757 that goes to and from Albany.
    It does have potential. I will definitely be up there on days when heavy t-storms are forecast for JFK since BDL is one of the main diversion airports for the heavies to JFK. I also thought I was going to see a C-5 land there yesterday, but I guess he was only doing low-level maneuvers off in the distance. And that UPS 757 I believe gets into BDL at 5am and is back in the air by 6:30am since its usually sitting on the ground in PVD by a little after 7:00am. Then it seems to sit at PVD all day and I think it departs back to ALB after dark.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net