Thread: PVD 3/17

PVD 3/17

Decided to head up to PVD after work this afternoon. I got there a little after 4:00. It was the usual cast today. Except for one. I had been sitting at work today seeing how gorgeous it was outside telling myself I was going to go do some spotting after work. I pulled the schedule from flightstats.com to see what the line up looked like. I saw that there would be to USAirways A319s arriving while it was still daylight, and I sat at my desk hoping today that it would be one of their special schemes, be it a throwback, a state flag, or a NFL scheme. I will say this right now that my wish had come true. I finally got to cross one of the USAirways schemes off my list to get.

First the usual and some GA:

Some nice GA was nice to see today:

And the one I was hoping to see. I couldn't believe my eyes when I say this coming in on final to Runway 23

Enjoy!
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Steve ... Awesome shots man, glad you caught the PSA
    Kaz T

My Photos:

JetPhotos
    KT Images NY

How the heck? You caught PSA on your backyard, with hardly any work!! See, spotting is a rewarding yet challenging hobby!

BTW, love your new logo
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

nice shot of the J&J G-IV...my buddy may have been flying that trip.
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Thanks Kaz. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    How the heck? You caught PSA on your backyard, with hardly any work!! See, spotting is a rewarding yet challenging hobby!

BTW, love your new logo
    Manny, I almost pissed myself when I heard them address the "cactus" flight and I saw a red and orange nose approaching. At that point I didn't care if I didn't see anything else worthwhile, since catching the PSA made my entire trip to PVD worth it. I was on flightaware all day trying to find out where that tail number was and I could never find anything. I got to the point where I told myself this afternoon that my wishing to see that today was foolish. So, yes, this hobby can be very rewarding!

And I love the new logo too! Thanks for getting that made up for me.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

NLovis
    Quote Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
    Thanks Kaz. I appreciate it.

Manny, I almost pissed myself when I heard them address the "cactus" flight and I saw a red and orange nose approaching. At that point I didn't care if I didn't see anything else worthwhile, since catching the PSA made my entire trip to PVD worth it. I was on flightaware all day trying to find out where that tail number was and I could never find anything. I got to the point where I told myself this afternoon that my wishing to see that today was foolish. So, yes, this hobby can be very rewarding!

And I love the new logo too! Thanks for getting that made up for me.
    Personally I like the DAL Mad Dog photo the best but hey, im a Mad Dog Yes manny does a good job with logos and watermarks.

Nick - I did like the Delta M88, but I wasn't convinced it was one of my best pics of the day. Thank you for your kind comment though!
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

Steve, flightaware sucks for tracking by tail number (IMO) You should use ACARS as a better source ( not perfect, but better)

I like the ACARSD website and its data search engine. It collects data from various ACARS receivers around the world and compiles it in a standard data format. You can search by various fields such as route, tail, airline, dat, time, etc.

www.ACARSD.org

Be mindful that they make use of older web technologies that break on some browsers
    Manny Gonzalez

Thanks for the info Manny. Does that website work well on the iPhone, since thats what I'd be using for web browsing while I'm out spotting.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

That is a nice set! I like the biz jets and the PSA. Delta is meh. We have too many of them here, I would gladly export them for any widebody.
    Jeremy in Minnesota

My pictures on jp.net

Thanks Jeremy. Yeah, I agree with the Delta a little. I have yet to get a good capture on one of those. For whatever reason even if the light is great, I can never seem to nail down the Delta MD88. It just never looks right to me.

Its weird, I never really cared to see biz jets while spotting until I started going to PVD. Now that I see them everytime I go there its a pleasant site. Maybe its because I have yet to see the same one twice, or because they entertain me while waiting for the airliners. Not sure, but they are always a welcome site to me now.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Acarsd doesn't have a mobile-enhanced site, so it's a little tough to use on the phone, but it works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
    Thanks for the info Manny. Does that website work well on the iPhone, since thats what I'd be using for web browsing while I'm out spotting.
    Steve, as Mateo states above, it is NOT very good on Safari on the iPhone or iPad for that matter. What you have to keep in mind is this...Always use the SEARCH button, never ENTER or GO or RETURN... also, do NOT try to change the drop down fields on these devices, it will make the search button disappear.

So, just enter the data you want to search for in the free-text fields and scroll down to tap on the search button...

The bad thing is that you can;t chaneg the output to ANAD style which is more readable to me because of the above-mentioned issues.
    Manny Gonzalez

Steve...........great set, especially the PSA! Looks like you had an excellent outting!
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Great set, Steve. Looks like you have a nice spot out at PVD! PSA is one of my favorite US schemes, I saw a glance of her at CLT today. Great catch.
    Adam Sheinhaus