Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NYCAviation Photo Contest!

Program Coordinator

Exclamation NYCAviation Photo Contest!

Hey everyone!

NYCAviation is currently looking for photos to submit for the back side of generic business cards. These cards are given to our correspondents when they cover events for us.

So in order to pick the best pics, we’re running a contest to dig up the best our members have to offer to represent NYCAviation!
    In order to enter please:*

Pick your favorite two aviation photos and email them to [email protected], making sure to submit them no later than noon, eastern time, on March 30th. Make sure they are high quality, under 1MB each, and 3x2 aspect ratio (or 6x4 size). Be sure to include your full name & NYCA screen name in your submission. If you submit more than 2 photos or do not add your name/screen name your entire entry will be disqualified.

NYCA staff members (Phil, Matt, and myself) will pick our favorites and narrow them down to five winners. The winners will be announced at noon, eastern time, on Sunday April 3, 2011.

Winners will be entitled to 10 of their own cards and will have their photo represent NYCAviation the world over!

Start submitting those entries, and good luck!

-Jeremy, Phil, and Matt.

*Additional rules:
    -NYCAviation staff members are not eligible to submit entries.
    -You must have an NYCAviation screen name (be a member of our forums) to participate. Don’t have a screen name? Join our forums today and get one!
    -While submitting two photos increases your chances, no more than one photo per photographer will be chosen.
    -We’re serious about the two photo limit. If you submit more it will disqualify your entire entry: choose carefully.
    -We're also serious about the max. 1MB per photo. Lots of oversized entries will flood the inbox and prevent further entries. If your entry exceeds the 2MB for both photos your entry will be deleted and you will be given one chance to adjust and resubmit.
    Last edited by Matt Molnar; 2011-03-15 at 08:03 PM.

Nice Jer. I will participate, although my noob photos will look very random compared to what the other photogs in here provide everyday! Good luck everyone!

Program Coordinator
    We've already received a few - keep 'em coming!

NLovis
    Well Ill have to dig through what I have. I know I have a few that have a chance of at least not being thrown out right away. Been waiting for this opportunity.

I'll send some after this weekend when I go try out a new spot I think I discovered at Bradley Intl. Otherwise, I'll go through the stuff I have and see if I can dig out anything that will even have a chance at being considered (or like Nick said, not being thrown out right away). Can't wait!
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

I'm already very impressed with what we're seeing from the entires!

Keep in mind it doesn't have to be a cookie cutter airliner shot. Unique angles, artistic views and even non-airline are certainly being considered among the 5 winners.

For the sizes that you submit, remember that if you win, we will request a high resolution version of the photo, of which we will never abuse or use for anything other than this business card. We're shooters too and we value your property.

Keep those submissions coming!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

NLovis
    In the sumbissions does it have to be orig or edited copies we show on site?

Just had to resend mine in as I accidently forgot to place my name in,, But i resend 2 pics in!
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

NLovis
    My photos are submitted. Good luck all and I hope 6x3 isnt a problem.

i'll send you my photos as soon as possible!

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    can we post here so others have an idea what we submitted? i know for sure my two are unique but i'm just curious what other have added. too bad the limit is two though.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

And that's all folks, thanks for all your awesome entries! We'll be announcing the winner on Sunday.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

CRAP!!! I FORGOT TO ENTER! opps...sorry
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    CRAP!!! I FORGOT TO ENTER! opps...sorry
    That's OK, Fred, I sent in the photos you would have...

O boy will I be lonely in the old control tower this airshow....
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".