Thread: Lightroom Tutorial - Part One

Lightroom Tutorial - Part One

I decided to recreate the tutorial done in yesterdays live session and add a narration track.

The video is also now at full quality 1080p. Please let me know how you like it (or not) and by all means, ask questions

Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Nice tutorial. Even though I know quite a lot about Lightroom I watched the whole of it and picked up some small tricks. Always great to see how other people work.

One question/comment. Why don't you remove dust spots in Lightroom? I think the tool works pretty fine in almost every case and you can use the Blacks slider to make dust spots more visible. What I usually do is I turn up the Blacks to make spots visible, then I zoom into the top left corner of the image and use the PageDown button to review all areas of the image and remove the spots that appear. Once you're done you can turn back the Blacks to the normal value. I think it's a lot easier (and quicker) than using Photoshop with layers and masks.

Hope to see part 2 of your tutorials soon!

Andreas, thank you. Yes, like I said, there are always many ways to do the same thing :-) I was moving quickly through the tut because it was supposed to be an overview session. I do plan to develop specific areas further with other videos.

In my experience, none of the removal tricks works 100% all the time, especially for some. Your BLACKS BOOST trick I have never used, must give it a go :-) but if you notice in the tutorial, I covered the curves trick for revealing spots? It is very short but it is there. Unfortunately (or fortunately) the image I used was not dirty ha! But, yeah, the healing tool in Lightroom is extremely powerful, maybe more so than the healing brush in PSCS% ...

Again, thanks for the feedback and for the new tip...
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS