Thread: PVD 3/12

PVD 3/12

Got bored at the house today and was in the mood for some spotting and since it was already noon, I decided to head out to Providence.

It was the usual cast there today, but at least the light was great. I also had a bunch of GA to keep me entertained during the 20 min time period between arrivals/departures. And to think I was getting impatient waiting 5 mins between some arrivals at JFK, 20-30 mins is killer!

Anyway here they are:

Continental livery

And the United livery

And over to the parking garage for a couple quick shots of ramp action

Some departures

Back to some arrivals

My apologies for the amount of Southwest in the batch. Enjoy!
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Wow Steve!!! Fresh content is a welcome addition... LOVE LOVE the South West

The taxi shots are killer too... as are the smaller proppers ... however, it must have been a bitch with those with the sun in your face! Great set, thanks.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Great shots, Steve! I agree with Manny, the ones taxiing are killer.
    Adam Sheinhaus

Awesome job Steve !!!! Great shots pal
    Kaz T

My Photos:

JetPhotos
    KT Images NY

Thanks guys. I'm glad I got bored today and decided to head out. I couldn't have asked for better light today. It was a b**ch getting those props, especially since they would come out of nowhere and I would forget to switch to shutter priority and slow it down.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

Program Coordinator
    Great stuff and great to see some material from my old haunts! More!

Quote Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
    Thanks guys. I'm glad I got bored today and decided to head out. I couldn't have asked for better light today. It was a b**ch getting those props, especially since they would come out of nowhere and I would forget to switch to shutter priority and slow it down.
    Steve, Refer to page 189 chapter 11 of the Canon 5D MK II Users Manual

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/0/030000...kii-im4-en.pdf

it speaks to a custom settings function for quick retrieval. It seems far easier than Nikon where I have 4 shooting mode banks which are hard to get to with too many button pushes.

In any case, this will help you in such situations. I make heavy use of it at Airshows where going from Prop to Jet to Prop is a way of life.
    Manny Gonzalez

Yeah, I have those spaces filled right now with stuff I had set up before I started spotting. I will definitely hav to re-evaluate those user defined slots on my mode dial. Right now I have my "family" setting for taking pictures of the kids, a "sports" setting for the races, and a "landscape" setting. I have a feeling that I will be changing at least one of those settings.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

Oh, and thanks Jeremy. I have a feeling I will be heading over there again soon. Although mostly southwest flights and infrequent arrivals, its nice having the airport about 30-40 mins away.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

Quote Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
    Yeah, I have those spaces filled right now with stuff I had set up before I started spotting. I will definitely hav to re-evaluate those user defined slots on my mode dial. Right now I have my "family" setting for taking pictures of the kids, a "sports" setting for the races, and a "landscape" setting. I have a feeling that I will be changing at least one of those settings.
    Can you save settings banks to a CF card? You can then preserve your current set and create a set for other more important stuff, like Spotting
    Manny Gonzalez

PVD has a lot of good places to go watch the birds, have you been to BDL recently? The CT State Police seem to be chasing spotters away from the small public road that snakes around the back, it was a good place to watch the planes until the "no stopping" signs went up.
    Flying With Fish - For Those Who Fly and Those Who Want To Fly Smarter
    Twitter - @flyingwithfish

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Can you save settings banks to a CF card? You can then preserve your current set and create a set for other more important stuff, like Spotting
    I'll have to look into that Manny. I do have those setting written down so that I could put them back in if I had to get rid of them for something MORE IMPORTANT.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingwithfish View Post
    PVD has a lot of good places to go watch the birds, have you been to BDL recently? The CT State Police seem to be chasing spotters away from the small public road that snakes around the back, it was a good place to watch the planes until the "no stopping" signs went up.
    I was actually considering BDL yesterday, but decided on PVD since it is closer. I was up at BDL back in January. I saw those signs when I went to the NE Air Museum. I have been reading that the CT St Police have been chasing people away on that road. I do want to get back up there since the traffic is a little more frequent than PVD, and a little more variety. And I mean "a little".
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net