Thread: Odd 727 at LGA

Odd 727 at LGA

A strange 727 landed at LGA just now. It's all white, registered "M-ETIS", and the registration is very hidden underneath the engines, unseen from most angles.

It's owned by "Azer Management", a company with no website, but based in the US, with an Italian registration. Hmmmmm

No how long until I vanish from the Earth?

BRB, knock at my door. haha

Email me anytime at [email protected].

Interesting.... I usually stay pretty on top of the 727's and Fokker jets... Never came across this one before.... Probably just another billionaires sky yatch... Nice bird though... Valsan and QW conversion.....
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Senior Member AirtrafficController's Avatar
    She just took off runway 4 heading towards KEGE.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/METIS
    Aspires to become an Air Traffic Controller at Kennedy Tower.
    http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31094

Phil, nice catch....actually this is not an Italian registry, it's registry is for The Isle of Man. Rare catch indeed.

Was at LGA once over the summer, forgot where it came from but departed all the way to West Hampton's LI (KFOK), then on to KEGE again. Strangely it was out their the same day Biden was their with his USAF C-32 !

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Not every day you see a half French Canadian, half-Indian 727. It's the ex-721MF, which was around a bit.

Been following this since someone tweeted about it. It's registered on the Isle of Man to a dummy corp "Azer Management Limited" in the British Virgin Islands (so no hope of figuring out whose it is that way) (not to be confused with a guy who owns a gas station in California under the name "Azer Management"). There are 2 other Manx planes registered to different dummy corps at the same BVI P.O. Box (M-ONEM and M-AJDM), but I don't think they're related.

Flightaware had a discussion on it (http://discussions.flightaware.com/v...c.php?p=116503) where they decided it was probably a musician's, maybe one of the Bee Gees (I don't think so, official appearance dates don't match up). I think we can all agree, though, that it likes to spend time at KEGE.

This is just to much of a mystery for me to forget about :/ . It's...it's just such a damn good looking plane...

Welcome to the site! Excellent first post. Quite the mystery, but why would a musician from previous decades be so secretive?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].