Thread: JFK 3/5/2011

JFK 3/5/2011

Good to see a lot of people out today.

On the Go Around

It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Great to see everyone today as always, it was a pleasure to meet and spend the day with Steve, glad you made it down here today ! Moose, great to meet you, sorry we kept missing each other

Here are some of mine, made the best out of the conditions today

Kaz T

My Photos:

JetPhotos
    KT Images NY

nice catch on the Kuwait 340, wish we could have stuck around long enough to tag it...and as Eric said, it was great to see a nice group out! I have to admit that as much as I don't like the new Finnair paint, it looks rather impressive in person

Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

It was good seeing everyone today - Kaz and Steve, a pleasure meeting you both. Maybe next time we'll get to hang out a little more. I had a gaggle of out-of-towners with me, and when I left the house this morning, the light rain wasn't making me happy. Fortunately, by the time we hit Bayswater for some morning departures, the sun was out.

I finally caught the "Jets" jet...

This guy used most of the runway to get airborne:

After a break for lunch, we stopped at North Woodmere for a bit. While watching a 22L arrival in the distance, I heard a small plane flying overhead, transiting the airport area. I looked up and saw a familiar sight - "Glamorous Gal" heading home.

This guy came in around 2pm - was he late, or has the schedule changed? Last I remember, they came in mid-morning...

And finally to The Mounds at the end of the day.

Would have liked a little more sun in the afternoon, but all-in-all it was a pretty good day - got to see some old friends and meet some new ones, and spend for a day of spotting.

NLovis
    Sadly I couldnt get my butt out of bed this morning to join you guys out there. Was just too tired. But I did do some 13L final from my spot. Ill have those up later.

Wow! Amazing collection folks... felt great to have a crew of so many Can;t imagine summer with 100 guys and gals in all the spots snapping and enjoying !

Just got home after shopping, dinner, shower, blah blah.. .CF cards are being ingested... more soon (if I can find something that has not been posted )
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Awesome shots! What time did you guys go out there today? I need to start waking up earlier on the weekends to get some spotting and photography in. I was waiting for the shuttle bus in the Delta parking lot this afternoon and it was pretty interesting watching some of these aircraft put up a fight with the wind.
    Mat Czwakiel

Mat, JFK offers exciting and surprising entertainment from sunrise to sundown, with a few nighttime goodies to boot!
    Manny Gonzalez

Great sets, guys!

Kaz, loving the Finnair closeup, and the KLM is SHARP! Nice work.

Okie, some of mine. Air Quality was pretty bad today and it showed in post :-( But it was fun, and the new Finn c/s and A340 from Kuwait back to back was a nice closing highlight.

Nice to meet Steve!

-Woodmere

Go around after hitting windshear just before reaching The Mounds... she fought it hard and eventually came back on 13L (chickens)

Soon to be filled by A380!

Thanks Kaz for the profane reaction LOL total reaction shooting ... only one in focus and not behind a tree or branch ... popped in just as we headed out of the park.

Holy One Wheel Landing Batman!

No no no, she [is] coming in (sliding in) from the left!

Anita 1010

Got her in the air and now on the ground... nice surprise.

Last edited by gonzalu; 2011-03-06 at 02:33 AM.
    Manny Gonzalez

Nice set there Manny! I saw that same exact China Eastern and the Jet Blue catching a very nice crosswind on approach.
    Mat Czwakiel

Great catches guys.... That speedbird go around was impressive from my view.... By the time she crossed midfield she was already near 3,000 feet again.... When she came back around to 13L another BA 744 landed on 13R which made it look like LHR for a few seconds...... Moose.... SAA almost always uses everything aviailable.... When we are on the 4's in the morning she routinely uses everything but about the last 1,000 feet to get off... Nice grab on the Jets jet too... She was headded to Nassau if I recall...
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

nice set! i like the the md11 fedex!

Great shots everyone!!!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Excellent captures gentlemen!