Thread: AF A380s at JFK

AF A380s at JFK

I believe there has been some discussion of this but my son and I have gone out to JFK to watch AF6 land for the last two Saturdays and both times the A380 was replaced with a 777. Is this due to a problem with/shortage of AF's A380s or have they switched it out with a smaller plane to lower capacity?

Nope, it flew A380 today ... I think it has to do with many factors, maintenance being one, capacity another, etc. It also was grounded for a while with a broken tail tip near the APU back at the end of last year... etc. etc.

The 777 replacement is a typical move for AF and they do it so often I stop counting. Never mind the fact that the trackers list it as the A380 :-(
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

The 380 made areturn to field last night and is not expected to be operationally serviceable untill 0100L March 7
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

@hiss srq, can you guys stall and delay her as much as possible so she can depart at, say, 0621L ?

P.S. in case anyone is wondering why I picked 6:21am, it is one minute past sunrise...
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

The way AF 380's seem to be around here I wouldnt be too suprised if it extended regardless of outside influence. Average once a week we see one over at T1 or a tail sticking up behind the triples due to a cxl.... I won't be around for her... I am out of here untill 0500 in about 20 mins....
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"