Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JFK tomorrow?? (3/5)

JFK tomorrow?? (3/5)

Is anybody planning on heading out tomorrow to JFK? I was planning on coming down next saturday but just checked the weather reports and see that they are expecting showers next weekend. Tomorrow is supposed to be mostly cloudy and 51 deg, so I'm thinking that tomorrow would be my best bet.

Guess I would rather have clouds and marginal light over rain and horrible light.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Steve, I'm ready to be out all day tomorrow, 54 and a mix of sun and clouds, Sunday looks like a wash out but hey they said the same thing about last Sunday and it turned out to be a perfect day, so we'll see
    Kaz T

My Photos:

JetPhotos
    KT Images NY

Kaz - I'll PM you with my cell number. If you're out tomorrow, shoot me a text and we can coordinate something.

I'm going to keep checking the weather reports all day today before I make my final decision, but it's looking more and more like I'll be ready to show up at JFK around 6:30-7:00. Probably turn the scanner on around the Whitestone Br to figure out where I'm going to start the day from. As I did last time, I'll probably start out at HoBe for some morning 31L departures. Right now winds are forecast tomorrow out of the SSE @ 17mph, so I'm thinking they'll be using the 22s a bit tomorrow. I'll have to check Flightstats.com and see what the queue is looking like for tomorrow to plan my day a little also. Hope to meet up with some of you guys this trip down.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

I should be out for much of the day, with a few out-of-town friends. Expect to be at JFK by 10am.

If anyone's willing to take my 3 midterms for me next week, then I'll see you guys tomorrow

Moose - I'll be in a green Dodge pick-up with CT plates. If the go to the 31s I'll probably be at Panera against the fence.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

Quote Originally Posted by RomNYC View Post
    If anyone's willing to take my 3 midterms for me next week, then I'll see you guys tomorrow
    No problem...although I make no guarantee on what grades you'll get - it's been a long time since I was in school.

And you all know my ride...

Quote Originally Posted by RomNYC View Post
    Bring your books with you and study between planes. It'd be like a really awesome study group!
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

Just out of curiosity......

I was just looking at the HoBe area on google maps. Has anybody ever hiked over to the other side of the metro tracks and spotted/photographed from there? Not sure if this is a sensitive question. Just in case, please answer via PM. I was thinking about making that hike tomorrow when I come down since it seems as though it would provide a good view.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

Since the area is a wildlife refuge, I don't think that human presence outside the parking lot would be well received...

Steve,

I just wanted to second what Rom said about that area. PAPD has heavilly invested in security around there and the Parks Police is active as well-- both in terms of land and water based units. The other issue is that Transit Authority property goes through there as well. So, its kind of treacherous ground.

I will also be out (possibly) tomorrow afternoon, but have to be into work by 6pm. Will be good to see Kaz again, hope we luck out with the weather like last week and that any NYPD encounters are equally smooth.

Chris
    FDNY#13
    Be The Change You Want to See in the World
    http://www.flicker.com/cbcarver5

we'll see if I go or not....its 50-50.
    Trevor Guglielmino
    ------------------------------
    My Photos
    Canon T2i/60D

Quote Originally Posted by NoGreenBox View Post
    I will also be out (possibly) tomorrow afternoon, but have to be into work by 6pm. Will be good to see Kaz again, hope we luck out with the weather like last week and that any NYPD encounters are equally smooth.

Chris
    Chris, Same her bud ... Hope to see you out there Tomorrow
    Kaz T

My Photos:

JetPhotos
    KT Images NY

NLovis
    I might possibly be out as well. Work is actually at a decent time tomorrow so lets see if I can get up. I just got up now from slepping after a big graveyard shift

Thats some good info guys. I wasn't sure how it worked there being a wildlife refuge. Up here they don't mind people hiking in the refuges, but I will err on the side of caution and not stray too far from the parking lot. Maybe just wander down to the waters edge.

On a separate note, I hope to see you guys out there tomorrow. Will be good to finally put some faces to the names.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net