Thread: FRG in movie SALT?

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

FRG in movie SALT?

So Highheels and I watched that Angelina Jolie flick, Salt, the other night.

(It was OK....a rental if you really have nothing else to watch.)

I would have sworn there was a scene with a Piaggo Avanti taking off at FRG.

While I was thinking it, was was even MORE impressive was that....that's what she said! Wifey saw the Old Tower and Sheltair and placed the scene at FRG.

I searched this site but didnt see it. Was the scene in fact, FRG?

Ah, guess it was.
    http://www.republicairport.net/filming-at-republic.htm
    Last edited by mirrodie; 2011-03-03 at 09:57 PM. Reason: spoiler alert.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Yep, they did a few scenes there. There are Many TV shows and movies filmed there. One is in the works and will be filming in the next few weeks. Sorry but I can not give any details but there was also one a few months ago that was an HBO movie on the collapse of the financial system. More to follow
    Last edited by Derf; 2011-03-03 at 10:36 PM.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

I heard something about the Eastern Airlines DC-7B (N836D) coming into FRG next week and being there for a few days for a movie, does anyone know if that is true?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAviator View Post
    I heard something about the Eastern Airlines DC-7B (N836D) coming into FRG next week and being there for a few days for a movie, does anyone know if that is true?
    You never know what it might be, but whatever it is, it will certainly be worth watching for...
    Phantom II - The World's Largest Distributor of MiG Parts!

I can not confirm or deny any big budget filming at KFRG until after it is done so I would need to stay clear of these topics.... But if there is an aircraft inbound, I would know about it and have a plan.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".