Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JFK - The Mounds 2/28/11

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    He asked her if she is an Aborigine! LOL
    Last edited by NIKV69; 2011-03-01 at 10:47 PM.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

"Gimme the film in the camera".... bhahahahaaha.

RE-TARD.

"Drill Sergeant"
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by nssd70 View Post
    She seems sweet!

Doug
    She looks F.A.T.

I went to the mounds around 1:15PM Monday and had no problem, except for them switching to 31. There were actually a few of NYPD's Finest there and they were complete gentlemen and stayed to watch and were equally disappointed when they switched runways.
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by fk6065 View Post
    I went to the mounds around 1:15PM Monday and had no problem, except for them switching to 31. There were actually a few of NYPD's Finest there and they were complete gentlemen and stayed to watch and were equally disappointed when they switched runways.
    I believe that you were the photographer that I met yesterday at the mounds. Did you manage to catch a photo of that Lufthansa A380? There was an Emirates A380 that flew in a few minutes after that I managed to catch while in traffic.
    Mat Czwakiel

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    Ok Phil, sure people shoot in winter but it has only been recently that it has been used en masse in the winter which is why this encounter happened. Probably the first time any spotter has been asked to leave.

Never said derail just give it a break. Also probably better to actually be in the park and not in street. As for not believing the police that is your opinion but chances are they did get a call from someone.

True but as far as the cargo plaza situation goes we could have still been shooting there today if some common sense was used. Simple fact. By being reactive and not PROACTIVE we let an out of towner ruin a great spot regardless of whether it was private property or not.

What do you mean we lost the cargo plaza? I still shoot from there when needed. I just don't do anything that attracts attention. Are you saying that we lost it as an "offical" spot as far as the guides on this site are concerned? Or did someone promise PAPD we wouldn't shoot from there? Because I have no plans to abandon that spot.

And by the way, I would never even APPROACH those landing lights- that ground is more sacred than the stage Mola Ram used to tear people's hearts out on. Little Indiana Jones reference there.

The cargo area is really a spot that we shouldn't discuss attending in public here, just like with other unofficial spotting locations.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

As Sergeant Schultz would say............"I know nothing"
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet