Thread: New England Air Museum

New England Air Museum

A few shots from my trip the other day

More pictures here
    http://derf.smugmug.com/Aviation/New...98698865_wG7jM

As you can see, I was rocking out that 6.5mm lens quite a bit. It really is worth much more than I paid for it. Very good in tight places.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Fred, I hope you post some of those on A.net or JP.net... really sweet shots... love the Cockpit Fish and the outdoor shot in the snow... AWESOME seeing that. Been to NEAM once and was hooked. Can;t wait to go again...
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Fred.............sweet stuff.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Fred, I'm disappointed in you. You go to the New England Air Museum and only post 99 shots?
    Seriously my friend, great work. You really have me interested in that fish-eye, up to this point I never felt the need.

Thanks guys!

I really wanted the 10-20 lens and never had seen the need but the price is why I purchased it. If I could get the 10-20 lens for free I would take it but it would not be in my camera bag and I do not think I would use it. It would be a backup on the shelf. I can not say enough about this lens. I like that it is Manual focus and I NEVER miss a shot because of it! The focus ring is wild... It is like 1ft, 2ft, 5ft, 10ft INFINITY! Yes, it goes from 10ft to Infinity.... it is tack sharp and I am using it 10X more than I had ever planned. It was purchased for Aircraft interiors but I have been using this about 30% of the time. My 6.5MM $300 special....who knew?
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Fred, I saw in your initial thread about this lens that it will produce 180 deg on a FF sensor. When I looked at the photo of the box it specifically says "For APS-C". Are there any drawbacks using that on a FF sensor? Just curious as I have been wanting a fisheye, but do not want to spend upwards of 1000 bucks, and I can only seem to find deals like that on lenses for APS-C size cameras.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

I do not have a full frame body so I can not answer your question from first hand experience but I have seen some Full frame shots and they did look great to me. For the price it is not possible to be disappointed with the quality. I am constantly amazed at how sharp it is.

Great! I'll have to look into it in a few months and possibly make that purchase when I get my 50mm prime.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net